18 and older
Analyze, manage, and share data of all kinds, from personal and professional budgeting to scheduling. In Level 2 learn to streamline and enhance your spreadsheets with templates, charts, graphics, and formulas.Prerequisite
: Excel Level 1 or equivalent knowledgeOverview
: Learn how to create advanced formulas and organize your data into tables. Discover the power of PivotTables and PivotCharts and how slicers can make data filtering as easy as clicking a few buttons.Course Objectives
: In this course, you will gain an understanding of the more advanced functionality in Excel 2013. You will:
- Create advanced formulas.
- Analyze data with logical and lookup functions.
- Organize worksheet data with tables.
- Visualize data by using charts.
- Analyze data with PivotTables, slicers, and PivotCharts.
- Insert graphic objects.
- Enhance workbooks.
This course is designed for individuals who already have foundational knowledge and skills in Excel 2013 and are ready to advance their data analysis skills and abilities through the application of advanced Excel 2013 functionality, such as advanced formula creation, tables, charts, PivotTables and PivotCharts.Course Content
Lesson 1: Creating Advanced Formulas
- Topic A: Apply Range Names
- Topic B: Use Specialized Functions
- Lesson 2: Analyzing Data with Logical and Lookup Functions
Topic A: Leverage Questions and Testing to Write Formulas
- Topic B: Use Logical and Lookup Functions to Find Answers to Questions
Lesson 3: Organizing Worksheet Data with Tables
- Topic A: Create and Modify Tables
- Topic B: Sort and Filter Data
- Topic C: Use Summary and Database Functions to Calculate Data
Lesson 4: Visualizing Data with Charts
- Topic A: Create Charts
- Topic B: Modify and Format Charts
- Topic C: Create a Trendline
- Topic D: Create Advanced Charts
Lesson 5: Analyzing Data with PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts
- Topic A: Create a PivotTable
- Topic B: Filter Data by Using Slicers
- Topic C: Analyze Data by Using PivotCharts
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphics
- Topic A: Insert and Modify Graphic Objects
- Topic B: Layer and Group Graphic Objects
- Topic C: Incorporate SmartArt
Lesson 7: Enhancing Workbooks
- Topic A: Customize Workbooks
- Topic B: Manage Themes
- Topic C: Create and Use Templates
- Topic D: Protect Files