16 and older
WordPress for Beginners: challenge yourself by learning WordPress.
WordPress for Beginners: WordPress is one of the most widely used content management systems in the world, found on over 25% of the world’s websites. The popularity of WordPress comes from its ease of use for people of all skill levels. In the Beginners WordPress class, you will start with the basics and grow your skills from there.
This hands-on class intended for those who are new to WordPress, interested in learning WordPress, and need to learn the right ways to work within WordPress, the terminology, and managing content effectively.
In our Beginners WordPress class, the goal is to provide you with the skills and confidence to start editing or managing your site on your own. In addition, we will teach you how to take a WordPress website to the next level while you learn WordPress development and make a simple customization needed such as using themes, plug-ins, and widgets.
By the end of WordPress for beginners, you will possess the “know-how” to make a WordPress website stand out from the rest; the power that every web designer wants, is now at your fingertips. Enrolling today online, in Fort Collins and Denver!
Upon successful completion of the WordPress for beginners class, students will learn:
- An introduction and history of WordPress
- Installation requirements and best practices
- Posts vs. Pages
- Sidebar and search capabilities
- Using media in WordPress including images and links
- How to choose and install a WordPress Theme
- Simple methods for personalizing and how to customize a WordPress Theme
- Using plug-ins and widgets effectively
- Tips and Tricks on how to build a WordPress website the right way
- Introduction to computers or equivalent knowledge
- Web Design with HTML5 & CSS3 is helpful, but not required.