18 and older
Pediatric Advanced Life Support or PALS course gives healthcare professionals the knowledge and skills to better recognize and treat critically ill infants and children. The course uses a scenario-based, team approach to teach pediatric emergency management of pediatric patients approaching or already in respiratory or cardiac arrest. The course covers treatment beyond the first few minutes of an emergency.
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on format reinforces skills proficiency
: Upon completion of this PALS class the health care provider will be able to understand how to recognize and prevent the common causes of pediatric injuries and emergencies that require resuscitation. You’ll understand how to recognize respiratory failure, shock, and cardiac arrest and initiate advanced resuscitation with airway and ventilation control, vascular access, fluid and medication therapy and identify and treat rhythm disturbances.
- Recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardio-pulmonary arrest
- The systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Effective respiratory management
- Validate skills for 1 and 2-person CPR and AED skills for infant and child
- Defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion
- Intraosseous access and fluid bolus administration
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
: For healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies. For students seeking first-time or Recertification credentialed PALS training.
- PALS course completion card authorized by the American Heart Association, valid for two years.
- Certificate of Continuing Education
All of the courses that we have students sign up for through CourseHorse are skills sessions. Skills sessions require that the student complete an online testing portion through the American Heart Association, that online testing portion is a separate charge from our class fee for facilitating the skills session in the class room.
We offer full provider classes that are all done in class without the need to complete an online test before the class starts.