18 and older
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support or ACLS is an advanced course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active participation
- Hands-on format reinforces skills proficiency
Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
: ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
This course is for students with a current ACLS card. Once your ACLS card is expired you can no longer qualify for a renewal course.Course Completion
- ACLS course completion card authorized by the American Heart Association, valid for two years.
- Certificate of Continuing Education
According to the AHA you are required to have the "Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual" for the class.
All of the courses that we have students sign up for through CourseHorse are skills sessions. Skills sessions require that the student complete an online testing portion through the American Heart Association, that online testing portion is a separate charge from our class fee for facilitating the skills session in the class room.
We offer full provider classes that are all done in class without the need to complete an online test before the class starts.