18 and older
Due to the fast pace of change today, many employees get thrust into managerial positions and immediately face numerous new challenges and responsibilities with little training. Ensuring that valuable individual contributors can adapt quickly into effective managers is critical to the long-term viability of every organization and is a fast track for an individual to pursue a more fulfilling career.
In this workshop, you’ll get an in-depth look at the roles and responsibilities of a manager. We’ll look at goal setting, delegation, performance management, effective communication, leadership, motivating, and much more. You’ll walk out feeling prepared and confident to guide your team to new levels of success.Takeaways
Prereqs & Preparation
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a manager
- Know how to approach to performance management
- Create a framework for you and your direct reports to effectively set expectations and give and receive feedback
- Learn different management styles and techniques
- Learn how to measure your team's success
- Students should either be new managers, or they should have an interest in management positions
- Students should come to class ready to discuss current management challenges and goals
- Please bring a laptop, notepad, and pen/pencil to class
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.