16 and older
This 5-session class, organized in partnership with ItalCultura, the official language center at the Italian Cultural Institute of Chicago, will introduce students to the language and cuisine of Italy by focusing on a different Italian region each week.
The first hour and half of each session will be taught by an ItalCultura language instructor, Alessia Romanoni, who will provide an introduction to the culinary history and culture of that region.
During the second hour, students will enjoy a demonstration, taught by the chef of Eataly’s cooking school, on how to prepare a classic, regional Italian dish from start to finish. Students will enjoy the finished dish paired with a wine chosen by our beverage expert.
This session will focus on the regions of Trentino Alto-Adige, Liguria, Lazio, Campania and Sicilia.
This course is aimed at beginner-level Italian speakers who intend to travel to Italy. Efficient communication and idiomatic knowledge of everyday Italian will be a primary objective. Menu
- April 8th: 1 dish from Trentino Altro-Adige
- April 15th: 1 dish from Liguria
- April 29th: 1 dish from Lazio
- May 6th: 1 dish from Campania
- May 13th: 1 dish from Sicilia
1 wine, to be determined each week based on the regional focus during the classPlease Note
- Each class includes a cooking demonstration with a one-course meal and is not hands on.
- All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
- Seating is guaranteed but is first-come, first-served. Doors open 10 minutes before the start of class.
- Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes. Menu is subject to slight change.