18 and older
Have an idea for an app or website, but been frustrated trying to communicate it to others?
Enter Sketch. Unlike the bloated tools it replaces (see: Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch is a simple, powerful design tool made specifically for those who design for screens. It has taken the UI/UX design world by storm and designers worldwide have already made the switch.
Why should you, the non-designer, care? Sketch lets you express your product ideas visually, with its intuitive interface. You’ll be able to vividly share your concepts with potential customers, collaborators, and investors.
In this hands-on class, we will take you from knowing nothing about design to creating your first clickable prototype and previewing it on your mobile phone and exporting files for a developer. (PS: While this class doesn’t assume any design background, existing UX/UI designers who want to make the switch to Sketch are most welcome.)Takeaways
Prerequisites & Preparation
- Familiarize yourself with the interface
- How to set up a project file for desktop and mobile design
- Understand basic design principles using grids, typography, and color theory.
- Learn basic prototyping skills with Sketch.
- Share your ideas and create a clickable wireframe.
- Please bring your Mac laptop with you; this is a very hands-on class. While we love our PC friends, Sketch is Mac-only at the moment.
- Please download a free trial to Sketch and sign up for a free InVision account before class starts. Download and register here: https://www.sketchapp.com/
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.