18 and older
We’ve all heard of Microsoft Excel, and yet a surprising number of people have little to no experience using it. In this class — ideal for people working in business, management, or simply interested in getting more organized — you’ll learn the basics of the application, including calculation, formatting, and charts.
The class will also extend beyond the simple addition of data and will put students in a position where Excel is no longer a chore, but a powerful tool to assist in manipulating data efficiently. You’ll learn various functions to help you organize and analyze data and go through situational overviews of time-saving shortcuts to improve your efficiency dramatically.Topics include:
- Formatting and Conditional Formatting
- Advanced Copy and Paste Options
- Handling Text and Dates
- Basic and Nested Formulas
- Logical Functions
- Lookup Functions
- Efficient Data Entry
- Creating Drop-Down Lists
- Pivot Tables
- Basic Charting
Prereqs & Preparation
- Input, transform, and format data for more productive use.
- Analyze data to improve decision making.
- Organize and package data for external consumption.
- Learn how to easily manipulate datasets using pivot tables and other functions.
- Find out how to leverage the onboard data analysis tools to make effective conclusions on data.
- Master the art of shortcuts to streamline the process of analysis in Excel.
Students should have a general familiarity with Excel, including knowing how to navigate a spreadsheet, and how to copy & paste.
Please bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel as we will be working through examples and exercises in class.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.