18 and older
For most professionals, the ability to organize information is quickly becoming a fundamental part of the job description. Whether you already consider yourself an expert or are just getting started with spreadsheets, this hands-on workshop will allow you to take your skills to the next level and become a “power” user.
We’ll start with the absolute basics, and quickly move on to lesser known shortcuts, functions, and features that you will be able to immediately put to use on the job. You will build confidence in your basic excel skills and gain knowledge of other useful/impressive Excel features.Topics include
- Formatting and Conditional Formatting
- Advanced Copy and Paste Options
- Handling Text and Dates
- Basic and Nested Formulas
- Logical Functions
- Lookup Functions (basic understanding)
- Pivot Tables (basic understanding)
- Basic Charting (basic understanding)
Prereqs & Preparation
- Accelerate the internalization of key time-saving shortcuts for navigation and editing.
- Work smarter and take advantage of the most helpful functions and features.
- Enhance the presentation of your data by adding charts and formatting.
- Learn some of the more challenging Excel formulas and functions (i.e. VLookup and Pivot Tables).
A laptop loaded with Excel, and a general familiarity with the program.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.