18 and older
What is a brand? What makes one brand better or stronger than another? How and why does branding work?
This workshop starts to answer those questions by providing an overview of brand strategy (brand positioning, architecture, naming, and logo design).
After the workshop, you’ll understand some of the concepts, strategies, and tactics that brand strategists use to build strong and valuable brands. You’ll know what it takes to build your own brand and have deeper insight into what other brands are doing right or wrong.Takeaways:
Prereqs & Preparation:
- Definitions and distinctions between terms like brand, branding, brand strategy
- Three sources of input required for any brand strategy
- Brand positioning and components of a brand platform, including brand essence, brand personality, brand pillars
- How a brand strategy does/should impact actions and tactics
- Three high-level brand architecture frameworks
- Organizing principles and how they’re used in brand architecture
- Verbal identity, including brand naming, brand voice, and messaging
- Naming: how it’s done, what makes a good name, common pitfalls (and how to avoid them)
- What comprises a visual identity system, including logo, color palette, typography
This workshop is ideal for beginners starting out to launch a new brand or idea, business-owners or those starting-up new businesses, or designers and communications professionals from all levels and areas.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.