18 and older
A studio pilates class using core training props to assist in obtaining proper body alignment and mechanics or to increase the intensity of the exercise.
How can we build strength on an unstable core? How can we increase our speed and agility on an unstable core? The Pilates philosophy focuses on training the mind and body to work together toward the goal of overall fitness. Pilates teaches awareness of breath and alignment of the spine while exercising. The program works to strengthen deep torso muscles and to firm abdominals and gain a stronger and more mobile spine. Additional benefits include better posture, longer, leaner muscles, improved stamina, coordination, flexibility, and joint mobility.
Important Things to Note:
- Please remove your shoes before you enter each studio space.
- Please no cell phones in the studios.
- Drink plenty of water. Being hydrated is fundamental to enjoying your classes.
- Please help yourself to complimentary coffee or tea in the reception area.
- Wear comfortable stretchy clothing.