Wax Carving (Absolute Beginners)92nd Street Y »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
1395 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10128 (Map)
|Important:||Total Sessions: 15|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 5400 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 12
What you'll learn in this wax carving class:Turn one ring into 100! Learn to design and create wax models for casting.
Instructor: Tova Botwinick
- Standard jewelers sawframe 4” (optional)
- Dividers 3” (Economy)
- Ring mandrel (least expensive)
- X-acto or lightweight knife (Round handle)
- Double end wax file 8" Grobet
- Green wax ring tube (flat top,large size)
- Green wax Assortment of 5 square slabs
- Soft tooth brush
- 6” steel ruler
- Sliding gauge 3”- millimeters
- Degree spring gauge - millimeters
- Ring tube sizer
- Scratch brush hard
- Wax pen low temp.
- Steel square 3’’
- Soldering pick
#0 and #2 Barrette needle file - 7 3/4”
#0 and #2 Half round needle file - 7 3/4”
#0 and #2 Escapement files barrette
#0 and #2 Escapement files half round
- ASSORTED BURS: Tova will bring to class a selection of assorted burs for sale.
- Standard jewelers sawframe 4”
- Dividers 3”
- Double end wax file (three square, slim) 8’’
- Purple wax small slab, ring tube flat top pruple
- Fine steel wool
- Steel engineers square 3’’
#00 and #2 Barrette needle file - 6 1/4”
#00 and #2 Half round needle file - 6 1/4
- Assorted Burs
Round: 1.00mm 2.10mm 3.10mm
- 6” metal ruler
- Grobet Double-ended halt-round Wax File, 7”
- Basic Set of needle files (if you don’t already own one) * 00 files
- Degree Gauge
- Burs: round: 3 & 5 mm; gt a regular burs for metal
- Dividers 2.5 or 3” Length (lightweight)
- X-Acto knife with regular blades
- Carving Wax blocks assortment Purple or Green (can be shared among few people *Purple ferris wax slices (it should be sliced in different sizes)
- Carving Wax Flat-sided Tube Green or purple, large size (can be shared among few people)
- Soft toothbrush
- Wax pen (with one battery only)
- 8” flat hand file cut #0
- To receive a 100% refund, written request must be received 2 weeks prior to the first session.
- To receive a 75% refund, written request must be received at least one day prior to the first session.
- To receive a 50% refund, written request must be received at least one day prior to the second session.
- After that, refunds cannot be granted.
Teacher: Paul KimSee Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Paul Kim is originally from South Korea, graduated from Fashion Institute of Technology. Studied Jewelry Design and fine Arts. Paul works with wax and precious metals. To make jewelry, Paul hand carves wax models by hand before it is casted. Casted pieces are then fabricated with various tools to complete a jewelry with Gem stones.
Start Dates (0)
Can't make these dates?. Save the class to your wish list and find out when new dates are added.
School: 92nd Street Y
92nd Street Y is a world-class nonprofit community and cultural center that connects people at every stage of life to the worlds of education, the arts, health and wellness, and Jewish life.
Through the breadth and depth of 92Y's extraordinary programs, we enrich lives, create community...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at 92nd Street Y
1 out of 1