Our way to encourage you to never stop learning!
We give you back 5% of every dollar spent on classes, in the form of rewards points.
Your points automatically apply as a discount
on your next purchase, so you start saving immediately.
Questions? Contact us!
Investigate Voice Over Class NYEdge Studio (Recording, Casting, School) »
3 seats left
Wed, Feb 04 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Next start dates (3)
115 W 45th St 8th Fl
(Between 6th & 7th Avenues)
New York, New York 10036 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 792 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 10
What you'll learn in this voice over class:
At this school, a recognized VO Casting, Recording, & Educational Training Center. Here's a practical way to determine if you and your voice are really marketable.
- We'll tell you how your voice fits in (have a top-working pro candidly assess your potential and gain a realistic evaluation report).
- You'll also discover if you fit in (learn about the 27 genres, home studios, rates, agents, and a practical look at the biz. If you appear marketable, we'll tailor a game-plan and match you with coaches based on your voice, interests, and budget).
- Gain a general comprehension of the industry.
- Learn the 20+ genres the industry presents.
- Gain a sense of direction.
- Hear common mistakes that keep many aspiring voice actors from reaching their full potential.
- Become able to make an informed decision about your next steps.
The 3-part process:
The Investigate Voice Over Class starts with a fun, exciting 4-hour session.
Your coach will outline the entire industry and sample your voice-over performance. The voice over class candidly assesses the marketability of your voice and talent, pinpoints your most marketable genres (audiobook, animation, commercial, documentary, etc.), and provides an in-depth understanding of the skills required to be successful in voice over.
Specifically, you will be assessed on 3 attributes:
- Your voice (do casting agents hire your type voice?)
- Your delivery (do casting agents hire your delivery style?)
- Your marketability (comfort, desire, passion, ability, excitement… is this for you?)
After the voice over class, your coach prepares a detailed and candid evaluation.
This report will cover:
- Voice type - Is your voice distinctive? Neutral? In need of training?
- Delivery - How well do you read aloud? Can you vary your delivery?
- Innate ability - Some people come by performance naturally, others need more training.
- Training - How much will you need to become successful? How much related training do you already have?
- How quickly did you pick things up in the voice over class?
- Marketability - What genres (audiobook, animation, commercial, documentary, etc. ) are you best suited for in voice over? (In this voice over class, you'll learn that there are more than two dozen VO genres.)
- Potential - Are you likely to find enough work to pursue VO full-time? Or should you consider it part- time? Or maybe you and voice performing aren't a good match.
- What kind of demo(s) would you need to become successful?
Using this evaluation report, a Career Guidance Specialist will call you after the voice over class. At that pre-arranged time, you will receive their honest assessment of what path you should (or should not) take.
In this conversation, your Specialist will candidly review your coach’s evaluation report with you, and discuss the sensible next step: Move forward or not.
Refund & Cancellation PolicyCancellations and rescheduling require a minimum of 48-hours advance notice, by telephone (212-868-3343), and during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 9am-6pm (ET) and Saturday 11am-3pm (ET). If you cancel or reschedule with more than 48-hours notice, there is no fee. If you cancel or reschedule with less than 48-hours notice, the fees are not refunded.
Start Dates (4)
Wed, Feb 04 6:00pm - 10:00pm
115 W 45th St
Between 6th & 7th Avenues
New York, New York 10036
School: Edge Studio (Recording, Casting, School)
One of the most recognized VO Casting, Recording, & Educational Training Centers. A team of 30 industry-leading voice actors who "give back" training time to aspiring voice actors. Edge Studio organizes it all.
We match you with coaches based on your voice type, interests, and...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at Edge Studio (Recording, Casting, School)(34 Reviews)
Ready to take this class?
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.