Investigate Voice Over ClassEdge Studio »
4 seats left
Sat, Mar 15: 1:30pm - 5:30pm
Other start dates (7)
12215 Ventura Blvd #205
Los Angeles, CA 91604 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 990 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 20
What you'll learn in this voice over class:Learn opportunities the industry presents, have a top-working pro assess your potential, and gain a candid evaluation report in this voice over class. If you appear marketable, they will tailor a game-plan and match you with coaches based on your voice, location, and interests.
This class is for newcomers who are unsure how they fit in, who need to learn about all opportunities, and determine if they have potential. It’s a practical and comfortable way to determine if voice over is for you. The instructors of this voice over class will tell you for real. (They are polite, but candid.)
The 3-part process:
The Investigate Voice Over Class starts with a fun, exciting 4-hour session.
Your coach will outline the entire industry and sample your voice-over performance. The voice over class candidly assesses the marketability of your voice and talent, pinpoints your most marketable genres (audiobook, animation, commercial, documentary, etc.), and provides an in-depth understanding of the skills required to be successful in voice over.
Specifically, you will be assessed on 3 attributes:
- Your voice (do casting agents hire your type voice?)
- Your delivery (do casting agents hire your delivery style?)
- Your marketability (comfort, desire, passion, ability, excitement… is this for you?)
After the voice over class, your coach prepares a detailed and candid evaluation.
This report will cover:
- Voice type - Is your voice distinctive? Neutral? In need of training?
- Delivery - How well do you read aloud? Can you vary your delivery?
- Innate ability - Some people come by performance naturally, others need more training.
- Training - How much will you need to become successful? How much related training do you already have?
- How quickly did you pick things up in the voice over class?
- Marketability - What genres (audiobook, animation, commercial, documentary, etc. ) are you best suited for in voice over? (In this voice over class, you'll learn that there are more than two dozen VO genres.)
- Potential - Are you likely to find enough work to pursue VO full-time? Or should you consider it part- time? Or maybe you and voice performing aren't a good match.
- What kind of demo(s) would you need to become successful?
Using this evaluation report, a Career Guidance Specialist will call you after the voice over class. At that pre-arranged time, you will receive their honest assessment of what path you should (or should not) take.
In this conversation, your Specialist will candidly review your coach’s evaluation report with you, and discuss the sensible next step: Move forward or not.
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from Edge Studio? Request info about private training
Cancellation PolicyCancellations and rescheduling require a minimum of 48-hours advance notice, by telephone, and during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 9am-6pm (ET) and Saturday 11am-3pm (ET). If you cancel or reschedule with more than 48-hours notice, there is no fee. If you cancel or reschedule with less than 48-hours notice, the following fees apply: $25 charge for group events, $75 charge for private training, $400 charge for demo recording session.
Teacher: Noelle RomanoSee Classes Taught by This Teacher »
As a voice coach, you will never hear me say the words “you’re not getting it”. I consider it my mission to try different approaches, techniques, and exercises until something clicks. My coaching style involves a lot of dialogue between teacher and student, and I like to use my sense of humor to keep things light and fun, even as I challenge you to go further than you thought possible. When it comes to animation, cartoons, children's e-learning, and video games, I am very grateful to have had experience on both sides of the window. On the production side, I served as voice director and talent supervisor for the Emmy Award-winning PBS cartoon, "WordWorld". I’ve also voice directed various games and toys for The Backyardigans, Go, Diego, Go!, Dora the Explorer, as well as numerous children’s audio books for Scholastic. As Head of the VO Department at Animation Collective, I oversaw the records and casting of nine shows produced for Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, Cartoon Network, and AOL kids. My TV production career started on the show "Blue's Clues", where I won my very first VO role—that of a talking mailbox! As talent, I have narrated projects for Blackberry, Cincinnati Bell, Harrah’s, Hilton, Taximagic, Petflow, WatchDox, Twilio, Green Nissan, Slendertone and Howcast.com among others. For more than three years, I have been the main voice of the award-winning Kognito Interactive, which creates web-based e-learning simulations for various clients including Starwood Hotels, Rutgers, CUNY, Baruch, Fuji Film and the Veteran’s Association of NY/NJ. I graduated from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts with a BFA in Drama, and also trained in improv through Second City. As a live performer, I have four years of stand-up, and eight years of sketch comedy under my belt. I moved to the City of Angels in 2010, and have had a great time heading up Edge Studio’s LA studio!
Start Dates (7)
|Start Date||# of Sessions||Price|
Sat, Mar 15 1:30pm - 5:30pm
Studio City, All Other Neighborhoods
12215 Ventura Blvd
Btwn Laurelgrove Ave& Laurel Canyon Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 91604
School: Edge Studio
Originally a music studio, we lost half our customers when we went drug free. Then we lost the other half when we went smoke free. Okay, we picked up a few free-spirited hippie bands along the way, but that didn't cut it.
Then we became very big in the Gospel sector - recording many cha...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Ready to take this class?
Or call 212-729-4088
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.