Fine Jewelry & Stonesetting92nd Street Y »
5 seats left
Mon, Apr 28: 10:00am - 12:30pm
Other start dates (3)
Upper East Side
1395 Lexington Ave
(Btwn E 91st & 92nd Streets)
New York, NY 10128 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
|Important:||Room: S350, 3rd Fl, S Bldg|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 3300 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 12
What you'll learn in this stone setting class:Design your own pieces with precious metals and by setting stones.
Prerequisite: Jewelry II
- 6ft 16ga fine silver round wire.
- Silver solder medium
- Forming pliers...half round
- Flat nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Soldering tweezers... pointed
- Soldering pick
- Saw blades #1 (doz.)
- Stone pusher
- Fine silver bezel wire, 6mm high, 26ga. 6"
- Cabochon round stone... optional... instructor will supply stones for sale in first class.
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from 92nd Street Y? Request info about private training
- To receive a 100% refund, written request must be received 2 weeks prior to the first session.
- To receive a 75% refund, written request must be received at least one day prior to the first session.
- To receive a 50% refund, written request must be received at least one day prior to the second session.
- After that, refunds cannot be granted.
Teacher: Janice GrzybSee Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Janice Grzyb has been a jewelry designer and fabricator of one of a kind pieces, limited editions and custom work for over 25 years. Her work encompasses a wide range of techniques using precious metals and a variety of precious and semi-precious gem stones. Often her pieces incorporate unusual elements collected from her travels, which give her work an exotic quality and an aura of antiquity. Janice graduated from Maine College of Art in 1981. She has exhibited her work in many prestigious galleries throughout the US and abroad. Her work has been among publications such as Europa Star, Lark Books and Art Box Japan. Janice is the proud recipient of the Saul Bell Design Award for the year 2011 and is a member of Society of American Silversmiths.
Start Dates (3)
Room: S350, 3rd Fl, S Bldg
Mon, Apr 28 10:00am - 12:30pm
Mon, May 05 10:00am - 12:30pm
Mon, May 12 10:00am - 12:30pm
Mon, May 19 10:00am - 12:30pm
Mon, May 26 10:00am - 12:30pm
Mon, Jun 02 10:00am - 12:30pm
Mon, Jun 09 10:00am - 12:30pm
Mon, Jun 16 10:00am - 12:30pm
Upper East Side, Manhattan
1395 Lexington Ave
Btwn E 91st & 92nd Streets
New York, NY 10128
School: 92nd Street Y
92nd Street Y is a world-class nonprofit community and cultural center that connects people at every stage of life to the worlds of education, the arts, health and wellness, and Jewish life.
Through the breadth and depth of 92Y's extraordinary programs, we enrich lives, create community...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at 92nd Street Y
2 out of 2
Ready to take this class?
Or call 212-729-4088
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.