We give you back 5% of every dollar spent on classes, in the form of rewards points.
Your points automatically apply as a discount
on your next purchase, so you start saving immediately.
Questions? Contact us!
You may also like
Intro to Social MediaMediabistro »
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
Greenwich Village, Manhattan
770 Broadway 15th Fl
At E 9th St
New York, New York 10003 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 3500 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 15
What you'll learn in this social media class:
Develop an established presence on one or more social networks, expanded exposure on your existing networks, and a solid understanding of how to best use social media.
Social media has become an integral part of our daily lives. If you've looked up an old roommate on Facebook or watched videos on YouTube, you've used social media. But these kinds of web-based platforms can do lots more than help manage your personal life (or increase your procrastination opportunities). Social media is a powerful tool for advancing your career.
In this class, you'll learn how to use social media tools to expand and improve your professional life. Topics include social media and web 2.0, blogs, wikis, podcasts, RSS feeds, viral video, social bookmarking, social media news releases, and other emerging web technologies.
In this class, you will learn:
- Why social media platforms including Twitter, Tweetdeck, LinkedIn, Facebook, Flickr, and YouTube are indispensable for media professionals
- How new media and social media technologies are being incorporated into traditional media and other industries
- How to use each network for professional and personal networking
- Where to look to stay on top of the latest tech trends (and what you can skip)
- How to upload content and engage in online conversations using the web and mobile handheld devices
- How to expand your network by updating and sharing useful content
Refund & Cancellation PolicyIf you need to cancel your registration, please notify CourseHorse by phone or email at least three business days prior to the offering to receive a credit toward a future offering. Credits are good for one year from registration date. Refunds will be given only in the event that mediabistro cancels the program.
Start Dates (0)
Mediabistro is dedicated to anyone who creates or works with content, or who is a non-creative professional working in a content/creative industry. That includes editors, writers, producers, graphic designers, book publishers, and others in industries including magazines, television, film, radio, newspapers,...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.