Sunset SailingHudson River Community Sailing »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
Pier 66 West 26th St & 12th Ave
New York, NY 10001 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 1000 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: All levels
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 7
What you'll learn in this sailing lesson:Students attending this class will feel the warm breeze in their hair and be awed by the brilliant colors of an NYC sunset as it sets behind the hills of New Jersey. This can be a mini-lesson for those looking to learn or a relaxing way to kick back and relax its up to you!
There is no better way to relax than skimming along the smooth water on a graceful and quiet sailboat at sunset.
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from Hudson River Community Sailing? Request info about private training
Cancellation PolicyFor all lessons, not including City Sail:
- To reschedule a lesson with more than 48 hours forenotice, there's a $25 late rescheduling fee.
- Lessons rescheduled within 48 hours of the lesson time will incur a fee equal to the price of the lesson.
- Full refunds are only given in extreme cases on a case by case basis.
- Rescheduling - A session may be rescheduled prior to 14 days before the start date of the session for a $25 fee per child per session.
- Cancellation - A session may be cancelled and full refund received prior to 30 days before the start date of the session.
- Only HRCS can cancel a lesson for weather-related reasons.
- If a lesson is cancelled, HRCS will contact the participants using phone/email in order to notify them and reschedule the lesson.
- Lessons are cancelled if the conditions are deemed unsafe by HRCS. Examples of these conditions are lightning/thunder and winds gusting above 25 knots.; rain, cloudiness, and uncomfortable temperatures do not constitute unsafe conditions unless deemed so by an HRCS representative - dress appropriately!
Teacher: The HRCS CrewSee Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Bill Bahen - Executive Director and Founder Hailing from the eastern shore of Maryland, Bill is a U.S. Coast Guard licensed Captain with extensive experience managing sailing centers and programs. Prior to HRCS Bill directed educational programs in the northeast including Schooner Sound Learning, Nantucket Island Community Sailing and Stepping Stone Waterfront and Sailing School in Great Neck, NY. Just prior to moving to New York City in 2006 Bill spent a few years teaching with the Hurricane Island Outward Bound School. Alex Baum - Program Director Alex was born in Rochester, NY and grew up sailing on Lake Ontario and Keuka Lake. He has sailed competitively since high school and is now a U.S. Coast Guard licensed Captain. At HRCS, in collaboration with DOE educators, Alex designed and implemented the accredited curriculum. He is responsible for programming and outreach. Alex graduated from Fordham University with a degree in International Political Economy. While at Fordham, he was the captain of the university’s varsity sailing team. James Cart - Internship Director James Cart was born in Buffalo, NY and grew up sailing on Lake Erie. He started racing with his father when he was 12 and the bug hasn't left since. He graduated from Dartmouth College in June, 2010 with a degree in Philosophy. He sailed on the Dartmouth team his freshman year. After a break he returned to the sailing scene by teaching at the Tabor Academy Summer Program. He joined HRCS in September, 2010, working with the Accredited After-School Program and now with City Sail. David Caporale - Educator Thirty years experience both racing and cruising sailboats ranging in size from 12 feet through 130 feet long in and around the NY area. For the past three years he has been working on the New York waterfront in various positions. Sam Paci - Youth Sailing Educator Born and raised in New York, NY, Sam is no stranger to sailing in these parts. He has taught for many summers on Long Island Sound and is excited to be back at HRCS. Christin Ripley - Youth Sailing Educator Grew up in St. Petersburg Florida sailing dinghies and small keel boats. She has crewed several offshore transits, as well as cook and crew on tallships. Andreas Pejovic - Youth Sailing Educator Andreas grew up in Irondequoit, NY on the shores of Lake Ontario. His first experience sailing was at the YMCA affiliated Camp Cory on Keuka Lake, where he was instructed by the HRCS Program Director, Alex Baum.
Start Dates (0)
School: Hudson River Community Sailing
Founded in 2007 to serve the urban community, we partner with public middle and high schools to offer credit bearing academic programs, internships, mentoring, and college readiness. Our youth development platform uses sailing, boat operation, and boat building to further academic skills and instill...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.