Administering MS Project Server 2010 Analyst Boot CampMSProjectExperts »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
90 John St Suite 404
New York, NY 10038 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 28950 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 21 and older
- Average Class Size: 12
What you'll learn in this microsoft project server training:Students will learn how to properly identify and document requirements, configure and maintain Project Server 2010 using both Project Professional 2010 and the Project Web App interface, and successfully roll out Project Server within the organization.
This class is designed for non-technical project server analysts, and this was tailored to the business application owner who serves as the organization’s primary or backup business application administrator.
Although having an IT background knowledge base is helpful, it is not a requirement for students to be able to master the content in this course. As there should be a minimum of two administrators per project server instance, you may want to attend this course with a colleague.
Although students are not required to take any other courses before taking this course, it is strongly recommend that every project server administrator take the managing projects from foundation to enterprises using Microsoft project server 2010 course to learn how an organization actually uses project server 2010.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Understand project server terminology and core system components
- Describe the project communication life cycle used with project server
- Understand the administration interface in project web app
- Create a project server login account in project professional 2010
- Configure custom enterprise fields, lookup tables, and calendars
- Configure the project server demand and lifecycle management features and understand how they are used in an overall portfolio management process
- Add resources to the enterprise resource pool
- Specify the initial configuration options for Project Server
- Configure time and task tracking settings
- Configure project server security using groups and categories
- Import enterprise templates and existing projects into project server
- Build OLAP cube and resource availability information
Create custom views in both project web app and project professional 2010
- Manage Microsoft SharePoint server and project sites
- Modify project web app pages and create new project site templates
- Configure business intelligence features and build custom Excel based reports and interactive dashboards
- Manage the project server database, including checking in and backing up projects, and cleaning up the project server database
- Understand organizational challenges to implementing EPM
- Understand necessary change management commitments
- Understand how EPM deployments can psychologically influence your user audience
- Understand a best practice approach to deploying Microsoft EPM
- Follow the recommended six phase project server implementation model
- Use a provided template to organize project server implementation information
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from MSProjectExperts? Request info about private training
Cancellation PolicyBecause of the significant investment of resources required for organizing classes, cancellation or rescheduling of any open enrollment training program in classroom or cyberspace less than 30 days before the start date of the program may incur a penalty of up to 20% of the course fee(s).
Start Dates (0)
The school is a progressive employee owned limited liability corporation operated under full transparency to its members. The school augments its full-time staff of employee-owners with a select few contractors and partners who represent the same commitment to excellence we bring to the marketplace....
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.