Effective PresentationsNew Horizons Computer Learning »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
290 Madison Ave 3rd floor
(Btwn E 40th & 41st Streets)
New York, New York 10017 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
|Important:||These classes sell out faster than we update our systems. Enroll and we'll confirm your spot.|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 2750 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 6
What you'll learn in this presentation training:In this course, students will learn how to develop effective and persuasive presentations.
Lesson 1: Fundamentals of presentation
- Effective presentations
- Understanding effective presentations
- Understanding different types of presentations
- Planning a presentation
- Establishing objectives
- Determining objectives
- Making realistic objectives
- Audience analysis
- Analyzing the audience
- Supporting materials
- Selecting supporting materials
- Understanding the types of supporting material
- Exploring retention and visual aids
- Build presentations
- Building the presentation
- Develop an introduction
- Developing the introduction
- Capturing the attention of the audience
- Organize the body of the presentation
- Organizing the body of the presentation
- Using transitions
- Effective conclusion
- Creating the conclusion
- Closing the presentation
- Visual aids
- Introducing visual aids
- Using different types of visual aids
- Understand visual aids
- Displaying visual aids
- Creating visual aids
- Extemporaneous speaking
- Understanding the presentation process
- Preparation for speaking
- Reducing the fear of speaking
- Using warm-up routines
- Deliver a presentation
- Using different aspects of voice
- Nonverbal communication
- Using nonverbal communication aids
- Maintaining a focus on the audience
- Handle questions effectively
- Handling questions
- Understanding the question-and-answer session
- Handle challenging questions
- Handling challenging questions
- Handling challenging audience
- Understand persuasion
- Understanding persuasion
- Analyzing the audience
- Motivating the audience
- Making claims
- Organize a persuasive presentation
- Creating a persuasive introduction
- Understanding the body of a persuasive presentation
- Methods of persuasion
- Using different methods of persuasion
Refund & Cancellation PolicyCancellation & Refund Policies:
Please notify New Horizons six (6) or more business days in advance of your scheduled class if you need to cancel your reservation for applications classes, and eleven (11) days or more business days for technical classes.
Cancellations may be made by calling or e-mailing your Account Executive. You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel according to the terms above for applications and technical classes.
If you are a club member, you may be assessed a late fee of $50.00 for an applications class, and $200 for a technical class if you cancel late or do not show up for class.
If you are a coupon holder, you will be assessed one coupon for each class that you do not show up for.
Start Dates (0)
School: New Horizons Computer Learning
As part of the largest independent IT Training Provider, New Horizons Computer Learning Center delivers more courses than any other IT training company.
Innovative and Flexible Learning Methods
New Horizons New York City understands that not everyone is the same, and we have developed a variety of innovative...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at New Horizons Computer Learning(3 Reviews)
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.