PowerPoint 2007-2010NYIM Training »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
One Union Square West Suite 805
(At E 14th St)
New York, New York 10003 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 1990 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 10
What you'll learn in this powerpoint class:The PowerPoint class concentrates on the most common topics that we see in NYC businesses using on a daily basis. When you are finished with this class you will be able to create a reusable PowerPoint Template, make an easily updatable, engaging, consistent presentation, deliver a presentation without difficulty, feel comfortable with importing slides from other presentations, movies, images, smart art & word outlines, be the "go to" person for PowerPoint questions in your office, and collaborate on presentations. This class is perfect to those seeking to feel comfortable with most PowerPoint office tasks, those looking to interview for positions that require up to an advanced level of PowerPoint, and those going into the Administrative, Advertising, Marketing or Business Industry.
Lesson 1: Introduction
- PowerPoint’s Purpose
- The PowerPoint Application Workspace
- Methods to Create New Presentations
- Saving Files
- Title Slide
- Adding Text, Slides and Slide Layouts
- Using Bullets
- Changing Line heights
- Working with Slide Masters
- Theme Slide Master vs. Layout Slide Masters
- Modifying the Slide Master
- Creating Custom Layout
- Returning to the Slide Presentation
- Pictures or Images
- Clip Art and Smart Art
- To Adjust the Format of the Text Elements
- Convert Bullets to SmartArt
- PowerPoint Charts
- To Adjust the format of the Text Elements
- Using Paste to Copy and Excel Chart in a PowerPoint slide
- Using Paste Special to Link to an Excel Chart in a PowerPoint slide
- Using Paste Special to Copy and Excel Chart to a slide as an image
- Adding a shape object
- Adding Text to a Shape
- Modifying/Formatting a Shape
- Aligning and Distributing Shapes
- Connecting and Grouping Shapes
- Changing the order/layer of shapes
- Selection and visibility pane
- Text boxes
- Spell Check
- Slide Sorter View
- Speaker Notes
- Create Audience Handouts
- Standard Animations and Custom Animation
- Save as a Show
- Package for CD
- Run a slide show
Note: Students will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this course and may retake the same course as many times as they want.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- No charge for substituting students at any time.
- No charge to reschedule or cancel before 5 business days of class.
- There is a $25 rescheduling, cancellation or retake rescheduling fee within 3-5 business days from the start of class.
- No refund or rescheduling permitted within 2 business days of start of class. No refund given for cancellations or "no-shows" within 2 business days from the start of class.
- If a retake is cancelled within 2 business days from the start of class, another retake may not be scheduled.
Teacher: Scott W.See Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Scott has performed professional graphic, web, and multimedia design in New York City since 1992, and has worked as a professional instructor since 1994. As a designer, some of his former clients include: SPSS, Siegel+Gale, SECUDE, Oppenheimer Funds, The New York Public Library, The Girl Scouts of America, Calvin Klein, and Scholastic Books. As an instructor, he has taught at many professional learning centers in New York City, including Future Media Concepts, and The Chubb Institute -- where he held the position as The Department Chair of Graphic and Multimedia Design until the school was sold in 2006. He was also instrumental, during his time at Open-i Media, in the creation of DoubleClick University. Scott has an extensive list of programs he teaches including video editing. As a performing musician from the age of 13, Scott also enjoys teaching music composition and audio editing.
Start Dates (0)
School: NYIM Training
What ever your needs, group or corporate, NYIM provides you with the most practical and efficient hands-on computer training in New York City since 1998. Conveniently located on Union Square, our staff are experienced professionals with 10+ years of training experience in their field. Each of our instructors...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.