Photoshop EssentialsNYIM Training »
3 seats left
|Start date:||Mon, May 19: 10:00am - 5:00pm (2 sessions)|
One Union Square West Suite 805
(At E 14th St)
New York, NY 10003 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 5841 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 10
What you'll learn in this photoshop training:Students will learn to create graphics for use in websites, retouch damaged photography and use Text, Layers and Drawing Tools to create images.
- Raster vs. Vector
- Creating new images
- Saving files for print
- Saving files for web/screen
- Working with Adobe Bridge
- Using the tools
- Using the options bar and other panels
- Undoing actions in Photoshop
- Customizing the workspace
- Tools panel overview
- Strategy for retouching
- Resolution and image size
- Adjusting the color in Camera Raw
- Straightening and cropping the image in Photoshop
- Replacing colors in an image
- Adjusting saturation with the Sponge tool
- Repairing areas with the Clone Stamp tool
- Using the Spot Healing Brush tool
- Using content-aware fill
- Applying the Unsharp Mask filter
- About selecting and selection tools
- Using the Quick Selection tool
- Moving a selected area
- Manipulating selections
- Using the Magic Wand tool
- Selecting with the lasso tools
- Rotating a selection
- Selecting with the Magnetic Lasso tool
- Cropping an image and erasing within a selection
- Refining the edge of a selection
- About layers
- Using the Layers panel
- Rearranging layers
- Applying a gradient to a layer
- Applying a layer style
- Flattening and saving files
- Working with masks and channels
- Creating a mask
- Refining a mask
- Creating a quick mask
- Manipulating an image with Puppet Warp
- Working with channels
- About type
- Creating a clipping mask from type
- Creating type on a path
- Warping point type
- Designing paragraphs of type
Note: We train using Photoshop CS6, as it is currently the most popular version in NYC businesses. If you are using previous version, this course is still applicable.
- Adobe Certified Photoshop CS6 Printed Manual
- CD Rom with example files
- Supplemental movie tutorials
- MousePad with all the most important Photoshop Shortcuts
- Those needing to create websites
- Amateur and Professional Photographers
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from NYIM Training? Request info about private training
- No charge for substituting students at any time.
- No charge to reschedule or cancel before 5 business days of class.
- There is a $25 rescheduling, cancellation or retake rescheduling fee within 3-5 business days from the start of class.
- No refund or rescheduling permitted within 2 business days of start of class. No refund given for cancellations or "no-shows" within 2 business days from the start of class.
- If a retake is cancelled within 2 business days from the start of class, another retake may not be scheduled.
Teacher: Scott W.See Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Scott has performed professional graphic, web, and multimedia design in New York City since 1992, and has worked as a professional instructor since 1994. As a designer, some of his former clients include: SPSS, Siegel+Gale, SECUDE, Oppenheimer Funds, The New York Public Library, The Girl Scouts of America, Calvin Klein, and Scholastic Books. As an instructor, he has taught at many professional learning centers in New York City, including Future Media Concepts, and The Chubb Institute -- where he held the position as The Department Chair of Graphic and Multimedia Design until the school was sold in 2006. He was also instrumental, during his time at Open-i Media, in the creation of DoubleClick University. Scott has an extensive list of programs he teaches including video editing. As a performing musician from the age of 13, Scott also enjoys teaching music composition and audio editing.
Start Dates (1)
|Start Date||# of Sessions||Price|
Mon, May 19 10:00am - 5:00pm
Tue, May 20 10:00am - 5:00pm
Union Square, Manhattan
One Union Square West
At E 14th St
New York, NY 10003
School: NYIM Training
What ever your needs, group or corporate, NYIM provides you with the most practical and efficient hands-on computer training in New York City since 1998. Conveniently located on Union Square, our staff are experienced professionals with 10+ years of training experience in their field. Each of our i...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Ready to take this class?
Or call 212-729-4088
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.