Adobe Photoshop Photo Print & ColorThe Career Center »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
185 Madison Ave Suite 1104
New York, NY 10016 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 4250 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: All levels
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 7
What you'll learn in this photoshop training:In this course, you will learn professional techniques for obtaining consistent, predictable, high quality images in Photoshop CS5. You will learn to adopt a balanced approach, starting with system calibration through image enhancements and color correction. You will also create traditional printed effects such as duotones and spot color overlays.
You are familiar with the Photoshop tools and techniques used to design and create images. Applying the correct image and color correction processes and techniques ensures that you get the desired output while printing images for commercial purposes.
You will identify two contrasting approaches to handling color images. You will begin by calibrating your monitor and using color management profiles to control the image display to match its intended output. Next, creating a crisp line art image, eliminating dust and scratches, suppressing moiré patterns, and correcting red eye defects will help you to make that picture perfect. You will apply color by the numbers approach—using curves adjustment layer—to eliminate color casts and maximize contrast in important regions of images. Finally, you will apply techniques for improving sharpness, converting color images to grayscale, and adding spot colors to images.
Students will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this course and may retake the same course as many times as they want.
- examine color workflow
- calibrate the monitor and use color management profiles
- control the image display to match its intended output
- use the advanced image support features available in Photoshop CS5
- eliminate dust and scratches, suppress moiré patterns, and correct red eye defect in images
- perform image color correction
- choose the settings and adjustments based on specific image
- printing conditions to create high quality CMYK separations for commercial printing
- sharpen an image without intensifying or accentuating noise and other defects
- convert color images to grayscale and add spot colors to them
Students are recommended to take the following courses or possess equivalent knowledge: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Level 1, Adobe Photoshop CS5 Level 2
Lesson 1: Examining Color Workflow
- Topic 1A: Compare RGB and CMYK Color Modes
- Topic 1B: Color Workflow
- Topic 2A: Calibrate and Profile Your Monitor
- Topic 2B: Set a Working Color Space in Photoshop
- Topic 2C: Convert Images from One Color Space to Another
- Topic 2D: Manage Printing and Color
- Topic 3A: Create High Dynamic Range Images
- Topic 3B: Use the Camera Raw Format
- Topic 3C: Preview an Image on a Video Monitor
- Topic 4A: Remove Dust and Scratches
- Topic 4B: Minimize Moiré Patterns
- Topic 4C: Eliminate Red Eye Defects
- Topic 5A: Meet Color Correction Objectives
- Topic 5B: Locate Highlights, Shadows, and Neutral Areas
- Topic 5C: Make Automatic Color and Contrast Adjustments
- Topic 5D: Make Basic Curve Adjustments
- Topic 5E: Correct Memory Colors
- Topic 5F: Adjust Shadows and Highlights Independently
- Topic 6A: Adjust Color Settings for Prepress
- Topic 6B: Display Calibration
- Topic 6C: Adjust Out-of-Gamut Colors
- Topic 6D: Color Separate Images
- Topic 6E: Adjust CMYK Curves
- Topic 7A: Apply Unsharp Masking
- Topic 7B: Sharpen an Image
- Topic 8A: Convert Color Images to Grayscale
- Topic 8B: Create Duotones
- Topic 8C: Add Spot Color to an Image
Supplemental Lesson: Capturing Images in Digital9 Format
- Topic 1A: Scan Various Image Types
- Topic 1B: Choose Scanner Settings and Adjustments
Cancellation PolicyThere is no penalty for substituting students at any time or to reschedule or cancel within 2 business days of the start of a class. Cancellation must be done via email at [email protected]. Not showing up, not completing and/or not paying are not methods of cancellation.
Any student can retake a fully paid open enrollment public course within 1 year from the date the class was taken, as long as the class is still being offered and there are available seats. All student retake requests must be submitted online at www.careercenters.com/
Start Dates (0)
Can't make these dates?. Save the class to your wish list and find out when new dates are added.
School: The Career Center
The Career Center has been advancing computer skills in the heart of New York City since 1988, with more than 100 Dual Core computers, spacious classrooms, private tutoring stations, and a friendly, professional staff.
All of our classrooms have full internet and networking accessibility, cli...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.