We can send you an email that contains instructions on how to reset your password.
Our way to encourage you to never stop learning!
Photoshop EssentialsNYIM Training »
5 seats left
Mon, Nov 10 9:00am - 4:00pm
Other start dates (2)
One Union Square West Suite 805
(At E 14th St)
New York, New York 10003 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 5841 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 10
What you'll learn in this photoshop class:
The Photoshop Essentials class concentrates on the most common topics that we see in NYC businesses using on a daily basis. By the end of this training course, you will feel confident in creating graphics for use in websites, retouching damaged photography, and using Text, Layers and Drawing Tools to create images. This class is perfect to those needing to create websites, amateur and Professional Photographers.
- Adobe Certified Photoshop CS6 Printed Manual
- CD Rom with example files
- Supplemental movie tutorials
- MousePad with all the most important Photoshop Shortcuts
- Raster vs. Vector
- Creating new images
- Saving files for print
- Saving files for web/screen
- Working with Adobe Bridge
- Using the tools
- Using the options bar and other panels
- Undoing actions in Photoshop
- Customizing the workspace
- Tools panel overview
- Strategy for retouching
- Resolution and image size
- Adjusting the color in Camera Raw
- Straightening and cropping the image in Photoshop
- Replacing colors in an image
- Adjusting saturation with the Sponge tool
- Repairing areas with the Clone Stamp tool
- Using the Spot Healing Brush tool
- Using content-aware fill
- Applying the Unsharp Mask filter
- About selecting and selection tools
- Using the Quick Selection tool
- Moving a selected area
- Manipulating selections
- Using the Magic Wand tool
- Selecting with the lasso tools
- Rotating a selection
- Selecting with the Magnetic Lasso tool
- Cropping an image and erasing within a selection
- Refining the edge of a selection
- About layers
- Using the Layers panel
- Rearranging layers
- Applying a gradient to a layer
- Applying a layer style
- Flattening and saving files
- Working with masks and channels
- Creating a mask
- Refining a mask
- Creating a quick mask
- Manipulating an image with Puppet Warp
- Working with channels
- About type
- Creating a clipping mask from type
- Creating type on a path
- Warping point type
- Designing paragraphs of type
Note: Students will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this course and may retake the same course as many times as they want.
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from NYIM Training? Request info about private training
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- No charge for substituting students at any time.
- No charge to reschedule or cancel before 5 business days of class.
- There is a $25 rescheduling, cancellation or retake rescheduling fee within 3-5 business days from the start of class.
- No refund or rescheduling permitted within 2 business days of start of class. No refund given for cancellations or "no-shows" within 2 business days from the start of class.
- If a retake is cancelled within 2 business days from the start of class, another retake may not be scheduled.
Teacher: Eugene T.
Eugene is a world renowned Adobe Graphics Training Consultant with more than 17 years of experience in Digital Graphics. He is an Adobe Graphics Training Consultant for various advertisement agencies, newspapers, magazines, graphic design agencies, photography studios, universities, editorial agencies and print companies. Eugene has Advanced Skills in Digital Retouching, 2D and 3D Infographics, Editorial Workflow, Digital Color Management, Digital Fonts Management, Digital Photography Workflow, Prepress, Web Design and Digital Publishing. Professional Certifications include:Adobe Certified Expert and Adobe Certified Instructor in: Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS5, InDesign CS5, Photoshop Lightroom, Acrobat 9.0, Digital Publishing Suite. In addition Eugene is an Adobe Certified Design Master and Adobe Certified Design Specialist and is part of the Adobe Beta Tester (Prerelease) team.
Start Dates (2)
Mon, Nov 10 9:00am - 4:00pm
Tue, Nov 11 9:00am - 4:00pm
Union Square, Manhattan
One Union Square West
At E 14th St
New York, New York 10003
School: NYIM Training
What ever your needs, group or corporate, NYIM provides you with the most practical and efficient hands-on computer training in New York City since 1998. Conveniently located on Union Square, our staff are experienced professionals with 10+ years of training experience in their field. Each of our instructors...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Ready to take this class?
Or call 212-729-4088
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.