We give you back 5% of every dollar spent on classes, in the form of rewards points.
Your points automatically apply as a discount
on your next purchase, so you start saving immediately.
Questions? Contact us!
Intermediate Fair Isle - Make a TamLion Brand Yarn Studio »
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
34 W 15th St
Btwn 5th & 6th Avenues
New York, New York 10003 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 700 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 8
What you'll learn in this knitting class:
In this workshop you will work on the beautiful Fair Isle Tam. You will learn all the techniques to get you started creating this wonderful hat.
Fair isle, sometimes called stranded knitting is a wonderful technique used to create patterns with multiple colors.
Prerequisite classes: Intro to fair isle or skills listed below.
Skills required: Must have a solid understanding of 2-color knitted Fair Isle in the round. Must know how to read a colorwork chart.
- Yarn- Sport weight yarn in four colors. You can use the same colors called for in the pattern or come up with your own color combination.
- Recommended Yarns:
LB Collection Cashmere
LB Collection Superwash Merino
- Needles -Bring or buy US 6 16” circular and US 6 DPN. The pattern only calls for the DPN, but having the circular needle with make the knitting much easier.
- Accessories – Bring or buy your regular knitting accessories: scissors, measuring tool, stitch holders and a darning needle.
- Pemberly Tam
- Pattern #: 90104AD
Refund & Cancellation PolicyYou may cancel a class or workshop at least one week in advance to receive a full refund or store credit. You may cancel a Master Class at least two weeks in advance to receive a full refund or store credit. You may cancel a class or workshop up to 48 hours before the first session for store credit only. You may cancel a master class up to 96 hours before the first session for store credit only. If you cancel a class or workshop less than 48 hours prior to the start of the first session, or a master class less then 96 hours prior to the start of the first session, we will not be able to refund or reschedule you for any reason.
Teacher: Gretchen Fancher
Gretchen has been knitting for 17 years. She is a member of the Knitting Guild and enjoys sharing her love of knitting by teaching people new skills and techniques.
Start Dates (0)
School: Lion Brand Yarn Studio
Lion Brand Yarn Studio is the New York City flagship retail store of Lion Brand Yarn Company. In addition to selling over 800+ yarns, the Lion Brand Yarn Studio is an education center that has taught over 10,000 students since offering classes in 2009.
The Lion Brand Yarn Studio offers more than 150...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.