Advanced Lace KnittingThe Yarn Company »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
New York, NY 10024 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 800 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 8
What you'll learn in this knitting class:Students will work through a mini triangle sampler shawl as a class project.
An intermediate/advanced class which covers knitted lace (motifs with lace knitting on RS and WS of fabric), chart reading, working with incorporated edgings and knit-on edgings, shaping for shawls of various types, and fielding specific lace knitting questions from students.
Prerequisite: Students should have completed at least two beginning/intermediate lace projects, have a complete understanding of increasing/decreasing and intermediate knitting terminology, experience with a variety of lace stitches, and be able to execute a crochet chain stitch.
Materials to bring or buy at our store:
- Stitch markers
- Dental floss or fine cotton yarn (for lifelines)
- 100 yards of fingering yarn for practice
- 300 yards of fingering yarn for class project
- Size 5 or 6 needles
- Crochet hook size E or F
- A few yards of smooth scrap yarn in a contrasting color.
- Notepad and a magnetic board (optional)
Cancellation PolicyWe do not offer refunds, but we do offer date switches based on the following rules.
For Absolute Beginners Crochet or Knitting, if you contact us more than 72 hours prior to your class, you may transfer to another scheduled date of the class. If you contact us less than 72 hours before the class, we unfortunately cannot offer a refund or date switch.
For all other classes, we require 5 days notice for date switches, and we do not allow refunds.
Teacher: Anne HansonSee Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Start Dates (0)
Can't make these dates?. Save the class to your wish list and find out when new dates are added.
School: The Yarn Company
From the lush walls of colorful yarns to the latest fabric design lines, The Yarn Company turns crafting into an art form. The new co-owners and siblings, Tavy and Assaf Ronen, who took over the legendary Upper West Side yarn store this Spring, have created a modern and clean gallery space brimming ...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at The Yarn Company
3 out of 3