We can send you an email that contains instructions on how to reset your password.
Our way to encourage you to never stop learning!
IPSAS – For Non-Financial AssetsIASeminars »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
takes place in 4 star professional conference facilities
(Specific location TBD)
New York, New York (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 23000 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 15
What you'll learn in this ipsas training:
This two-day course provides comprehensive coverage of IPSAS asset measurement rules, including the requirements and alternatives in IPSAS 1 that apply to entities adopting IPSAS for the first time.
- High level Introduction to IPSAS
- IPSAS 21 & 26 Impairment of Non-Cash-Generating Assets & Impairment of Cash-Generating Assets
- IPSAS 19 Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets
- Asset Valuation Disclosures
- New Developments
- Understand Accrual Based IPSAS requirements, for non-financial assets
- Implement the IPSAS recognition and measurement rules for assets
- Learn the requirements for presentation and related disclosures on non-financial assets in IPSAS compliant financial statements
- Understand transitional provisions in IPSAS standards
- Increase planning opportunities through awareness of likely future IPSAS changes
- Learn the sources of IPSAS guidance that are available
- Live group instruction with interactive participation encouraged
- Review of the rationale, objective and scope of IPSAS requirements on financial reporting on non-financial assets
- Description and explanation of IPSAS requirements in clear and simple language
- Use of case studies and real-world examples to illustrate practical application of the standards
- Interactive participation will be encouraged
- All participants receive a comprehensive binder containing copies of the presentation slides, handouts and other course materials
- All of our New York City seminars take place in 4 star professional conference facilities, usually in city-centre downtown hotels like the Marriott, Sheraton or Hilton brands.
- Detailed Joining Instructions are sent to all registered participants by email approximately one month before the event.
- The Joining Instructions will confirm exact venue details and nearby (or onsite) hotel recommendations with bedroom rates where available.
- Coffee and lunch will be provided.
Refund & Cancellation PolicyCancellation/Refund Policies:
- Provider reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or reschedule an Event, or to change the instructor without notice. You will be entitled to no compensation or damages in such a case.
- If Provider cancels an Event (or reschedules it to a date inconvenient to you), we will provide a full refund within 30 days upon your written request, or at your option you may transfer the credit to another Provider Event or to another person.
- If you cancel your registration in writing to Provider at least 14 days before the start of the Event, we will provide an 80% refund - the remaining 20% represents our administration fee. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer the full credit to another course or to another person at no extra charge.
- If you cancel your registration with less than 14 days prior written notice to Provider, or do not attend the Event for any reason whatsoever, no refund will be made and no Provider Content will be distributed to you. A transfer of the credit to another course or to another person may be possible, in Provider's sole discretion, at an extra charge equal to 20% of the original registration fee.
- No refunds will be made after you have attended the Event. Nonetheless, the Provider is proud of its reputation in the marketplace and also of its level of customer service, and will always seek to address any concerns that you may have before, during or after the course.
Teacher: Alan Mayo
Alan Mayo is a highly experienced instructor in the field of international financial reporting. He teaches seminars around the world on subjects including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS). Alan was formerly a founding member of the PricewaterhouseCoopers Client Training business in London, which delivered UK and International GAAP courses to a wide range of multinational clients. Alan also managed a team within PricewaterhouseCoopers UK that provided training and change management support to the UK public sector as it transitioned from cash to accruals based accounting, working with organizations such as the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Ministry of Defence. An independent training consultant since 2001, Alan has been an associate instructor with IASeminars since 2004. His recent public-sector consultancy work has focused on developing the financial management skills of UK government agencies, and he has delivered training courses for various UK local authorities, government bodies and public agencies as they transition from their current UK-based accruals standards to IFRS or IPSAS-based accounting standards. Alan is a UK chartered accountant with over 20 years experience as an auditor and consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers in both London and Paris.
Start Dates (0)
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.