Spanish Upper IntermediateCactus Language Courses »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
330 5th Ave
(Btwn W 33rd & W 32nd Streets)
New York, New York 10001 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 2990 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 12
What you'll learn in this intermediate spanish class:The course allows the student to gain mastery over the Spanish Language, focusing on grammar, reading and writing practice while offering insight into the culture of the region. Students continue to study and develop the most complex tenses and structures, while building up enough knowledge to read and write to an advanced level.
This course is for students who fit this description: "I have a good understanding and knowledge of a wide range of language structures and functions, although I may continue to make minor errors syntactically. I have considerable passive knowledge, but need to expand my active usage. I am ready to learn different ways of expressing ideas, work on the subtle nuances of the language, and expand the range of what I can say and write."
Themes/Lexical fields could include the following elements
- Entertainment, work, education, changes, cities, people, relationships, arts, politics, globalization, personality, feelings, ecology, publicity, media
- How to express your opinions and argue them with other people
- How to express regret
- Explaining news to others: reported speech
- Describing places you have been
- Complaining about things and situations
- Demanding things
- Talking about problems that concern us. Suggesting ideas to solve them
- Revision of imperative tense, affirmative and negative
- Futuro simple and future perfect
- How to express impossible situations in the past and its consequences, ex: si hubiera nacido en España ahora sería....
- Simple y perfect conditional
- Past imperfect, perfect y past pluperfect subjunctive
- Direct and Indirect pronouns
- Slang vocabulary and expressions
- Introduction to Spanish and Latin American poetry
- Lots of active oral practice
- Lots of listening
- Writing formal style
Refund & Cancellation Policy More than 7 days before course start date: Cactus can offer you a full refund of your course up to one week before the advertised start date.
Less than 7 days before course start date: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge OR we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the first lesson: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge OR we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the second lesson: We can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $100 administration fee. After the 3rd lesson: You will not be entitled to any refund and you will NOT be able to transfer your booking to the next course.
Teacher: Native TeacherSee Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Teachers are qualified and experienced language trainers, and are all native or bilingual speakers. They have been interviewed by a full time academic team, and have undergone extensive reference reviews. Classes are assigned according to the strengths of the teachers to ensure the quality of course delivery is excellent at all times. Additionally, a comprehensive Teacher Development Program incorporates a range of seminars, classroom observations, same-language teacher forums, regular newsletters, and information on methodology and hands-on teaching techniques. The teaching philosophy is based on looking at ideas, asking questions, and meeting challenges. Methodology: Trainers adopt a 'learner centered' approach to modern language teaching, which enables them to meet the individual's needs. Courses cover practice in all 4 skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing; however, the focus of the course is on speaking and listening - the main requirements of today's modern language learner. Teachers will use the target language, activities will be communicative, and course content will be relevant.
Start Dates (0)
School: Cactus Language Courses
Cactus is one of the world’s leading language training companies. Founded in 1998, our expert team delivers quality language training to individuals and businesses. And we are specialists in teacher-led face-to-face training.
We help over 15,000 people every year learn more than 30 languages,...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified New York educator.
Reviews of Classes at Cactus Language Courses(1 Review)
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.