Spanish Elementary 2Cactus Language Courses »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
330 5th Ave
New York, NY 10001 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 2990 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 12
What you'll learn in this intermediate spanish class:The course expands the student's range within the Spanish language, focusing on grammar, reading and writing practice while offering insight into the culture of the region. Students will study more complex tenses and structures, while building up enough knowledge to read and write to an intermediate level.
This course is for students who fit this description: "I can understand and use simple structures fairly consistently, and can ask and respond to a wide range of simple questions. I have a reasonable idea of how the tense system works, and have an active vocabulary of around 700 words. I can express myself in familiar contexts, although I still make a quite a lot of mistakes."
Themes/Lexical fields could include the following elements:
- Review and practise of level 3
- Cultural aspects: famous people, films, places to stay....
- Personal anecdotes
- Giving advice
- Expressing feelings (me molesta, me sorprende, me da pena...)
- Expressing wishes (deseo que + subjuntivo, deseo + infinitive..)
- Giving instructions and orders
- Asking and giving opinions
- Revision from the previous levels
- Reported speech
- Past perfect- preterito pluscuamperfecto
- The conditional mood
- Introduction to present subjunctive
- Direct and indirect pronouns: me, te, le, lo, la
- Common idioms: tómalo con calma, madre mia
- Celebration of El día de los Muertos in Mexico
- Introduction of Spanish and Latin American Art: painters, architecture
- Mayan and Aztec culture in Mexico
- Lots of speaking and active practice
- Lots of listening
- Reading and writing
Cancellation Policy More than 7 days before course start date: Cactus can offer you a full refund of your course up to one week before the advertised start date.
Less than 7 days before course start date: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge OR we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the first lesson: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge OR we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the second lesson: We can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $100 administration fee. After the 3rd lesson: You will not be entitled to any refund and you will NOT be able to transfer your booking to the next course.
Teacher: Native TeacherSee Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Teachers are qualified and experienced language trainers, and are all native or bilingual speakers. They have been interviewed by a full time academic team, and have undergone extensive reference reviews. Classes are assigned according to the strengths of the teachers to ensure the quality of course delivery is excellent at all times. Additionally, a comprehensive Teacher Development Program incorporates a range of seminars, classroom observations, same-language teacher forums, regular newsletters, and information on methodology and hands-on teaching techniques. The teaching philosophy is based on looking at ideas, asking questions, and meeting challenges. Methodology: Trainers adopt a 'learner centered' approach to modern language teaching, which enables them to meet the individual's needs. Courses cover practice in all 4 skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing; however, the focus of the course is on speaking and listening - the main requirements of today's modern language learner. Teachers will use the target language, activities will be communicative, and course content will be relevant.
Start Dates (0)
Can't make these dates?. Save the class to your wish list and find out when new dates are added.
School: Cactus Language Courses
Cactus is one of the world’s leading language training companies. Founded in 1998, our expert team delivers quality language training to individuals and businesses. And we are specialists in teacher-led face-to-face training.
We help over 15,000 people every year learn more than 30 la...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at Cactus Language Courses
1 out of 1