French Intermediate 1Cactus Language Courses »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
16 Court St 34th Floor
(Btwn Montague & Remsen Streets)
Brooklyn, New York 11241 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 2990 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 12
What you'll learn in this intermediate french class:The course strengthens the full range of the student's French, focusing on grammar, reading and writing practice while offering insight into the culture of the region. Students continue to study and develop more complex tenses and structures, while building up enough knowledge to read and write to an intermediate plus level.
This course is for students who fit this description: "I have a good understanding of simple structures, but lack accuracy and do not feel at ease with them just yet. I need to consolidate what I know and I am also ready to learn new and more complex forms. I can express myself in most common situations and hold conversations on a range of topics."
Themes/Lexical fields could include the following elements:
- A wide range of possibilities, including but not limited to: Entertainment, mass media, work, education, the environment, tourism & travel, news, social & political issues, books, generation changes, cities, people, relationships, the arts, technology, health & fitness, social life, night life, national traditions/customs & culture, consumerism, globalisation
- Common collocations
- Use of different registers to express opinions
- Complex use of grammar and vocabulary to contribute in a debate
- Various styles of written French for particular situations
- Review & practise previous level grammar (eg. through mixed tense/aspect work – present/past/future simple/continuous/perfect)
- Consolidate & extend the following concepts & structures:
- Comparatives & Superlatives
- Reported speech
- Relative clauses
- The subjunctive
- The pluperfect
- French wines and how to talk about them
- The history of French-English bilingualism
- Specific cultural regional idioms
- Lots of speaking/active practice
- Lots of listening
- Lots of new vocabulary
Refund & Cancellation Policy More than 7 days before course start date: Cactus can offer you a full refund of your course up to one week before the advertised start date.
Less than 7 days before course start date: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge OR we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the first lesson: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge OR we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the second lesson: We can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $100 administration fee. After the 3rd lesson: You will not be entitled to any refund and you will NOT be able to transfer your booking to the next course.
Start Dates (0)
School: Cactus Language Courses
Cactus is one of the world’s leading language training companies. Founded in 1998, our expert team delivers quality language training to individuals and businesses. And we are specialists in teacher-led face-to-face training.
We help over 15,000 people every year learn more than 30 languages,...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at Cactus Language Courses(1 Review)
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.