Grammar SkillsNew Horizons Computer Learning »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
290 Madison Ave 3rd floor
(Btwn E 40th & 41st Streets)
New York, NY 10017 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
|Important:||These classes sell out faster than we update our systems. Enroll and we'll confirm your spot.|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 2750 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 6
What you'll learn in this grammar class:In this course, students will learn how to improve their business writing skills by understanding grammar rules.
Lesson 1: The importance of grammar
- Grammar skills
- Improving grammar skills
- Writing clearly
- Nouns and verbs
- Identifying nouns
- Identifying verbs
- Identifying pronouns
- Identifying categories of pronouns
- Identifying pronoun cases
- Identifying compound personal pronouns
- Adjectives and adverbs
- Identifying types of adjectives
- Identifying adverbs
- Identifying degrees of adjectives and adverbs
- Identifying prepositions
- Identifying prepositional phrases
- Identifying conjunctions
- Working with clauses and conjunctions
- Identifying interjections
- Sentence formation
- Defining effective sentences
- Identifying sentences
- Defining the natural order of sentences
- Identifying subjects
- Identifying predicates
- Phrases and clauses
- Identifying phrases
- Identifying clauses
- Sentence classifications
- Classifying sentences
- Subject and verb agreement
- Identifying subject and verb agreement
- Identifying singular subjects
- Identifying compound subjects
- Identifying pronoun and antecedent agreement
- Identifying verb tense agreement
- Parallel sentence structure
- Making sentences parallel
- Sentence fragments
- Identifying sentence fragments
- Run-on sentences
- Identifying run-on sentences
- Active and passive voice
- Identifying passive voice
- Changing passive voice to active voice
- Split infinitives
- Identifying split infinitives
- Discussing sentence structure guidelines
- The importance of word choice
- Selecting the right word
- Misused words
- Identifying misused words
- Spelling errors
- Fixing spelling errors
- Prefixes and suffixes
- Attaching prefixes
- Attaching suffixes
- Punctuation to separate clauses
- Using commas
- Using semicolons and colons
- Using dashes
- Parentheses and apostrophes
- Using parentheses and brackets
- Using apostrophes
- Using hyphens
- Quotation marks and numbers
- Using quotation marks and ellipses
- Using italics
- Determining when to spell out words
- Capitalization rules
- Applying capitalization rules
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Identifying synonyms and antonyms
- Identifying homonyms
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from New Horizons Computer Learning ? Request info about private training
Cancellation PolicyCancellation & Refund Policies:
Please notify New Horizons six (6) or more business days in advance of your scheduled class if you need to cancel your reservation for applications classes, and eleven (11) days or more business days for technical classes.
Cancellations may be made by calling or e-mailing your Account Executive. You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel according to the terms above for applications and technical classes.
If you are a club member, you may be assessed a late fee of $50.00 for an applications class, and $200 for a technical class if you cancel late or do not show up for class.
If you are a coupon holder, you will be assessed one coupon for each class that you do not show up for.
Start Dates (0)
School: New Horizons Computer Learning
As part of the largest independent IT Training Provider, New Horizons Computer Learning Center delivers more courses than any other IT training company.
Innovative and Flexible Learning Methods
New Horizons New York City understands that not everyone is the same, and we have de...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at New Horizons Computer Learning
2 out of 3
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.