Our way to encourage you to never stop learning!
We give you back 5% of every dollar spent on classes, in the form of rewards points.
Your points automatically apply as a discount
on your next purchase, so you start saving immediately.
Questions? Contact us!
Two-Day Film SchoolGotham Writers' Workshop »
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
555 8th Ave Ste 1402
(Between W 37th & W 38th Streets)
New York, New York 10018 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 4200 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 14
What you'll learn in this film production class:
Eighty-five percent of all feature films are either produced or directed by the screenwriter. This intensive filmmaking course, literally a “Two-Day Film School,” teaches the writer how to take his or her script and make it into an independent feature film that can win awards at festivals and secure profitable distribution deals.
This comprehensive, rapid-fire weekend will teach you how to:
- Produce, Budget and Schedule Your Screenplay
- Direct, Shoot and Edit Your Movie
- Make the Most of Festivals, Awards and Agents
- Finance, Distribute and Sell
Produce & Direct - Shoot Your Film:
The first day of the workshop teaches you—the writer—a foolproof step-by-step process for making your script into an independent feature film with budgets that range from $5,000 to $5,000,000.
Bonus: Digital Filmmaking A-Z.
Finance & Distribute - Sell Your Film:
The second day covers a proven method to market, sell and distribute your film around the world and garner global revenues from the theatrical, video, cable, music and broadcasting industries.
Bonus: Publicity & Festival Awards
Attendees receive a Producer’s Diploma and Filmmaker’s Certificate.
Refund & Cancellation PolicyIf you need to withdraw from class, here are your options:
For Everything (except one-session classes/events)
For a refund or credit, you need to send an email to [email protected] two business days or more before your class starts. You can either choose to hold a full store credit with us good on other classes for a year or you can opt for a refund less a $25 administrative fee and your $25 registration fee ($50 total).
One-Session Classes and Events (Write-Ins/Take-Aways)
If you withdraw from any Write-In or Take-Away two hours or more before it begins, you're welcome to a full Gotham credit toward another Write-In or Take-Away. No refunds are available.
A few more things:
- Simply not attending class or notifying the instructor does not mean you've officially withdrawn.
- Credits are valid for one year and cannot be changed into refunds down the road.
- Some exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis for medical emergencies with a doctor's note.
- Refunds take up to six weeks to process.
Teacher: Dov SS Simens
Presented and taught by Dov SS Simens, America’s leading independent filmmaking instructor and author of From Reel to Deal (Warner Books).
Start Dates (0)
School: Gotham Writers' Workshop
We are the leading private creative writing school in New York City and online. Professional writers present workshops in more than a dozen forms of writing. Our interactive online classes, selected as “Best of the Web” by Forbes, have attracted thousands of aspiring writers from across the United...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.