Advanced Excel 2007-2010 for Business Group ClassNYIM Training »
5 seats left
Sat, Dec 14: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Other start dates (4)
One Union Square West Suite 805
New York, NY 10003 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 1990 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Advanced
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 9
What you'll learn in this excel training:Students will learn to extract data from large databases based on dynamic criteria, save time with recording and replaying straight forward macros, quickly organize and analyze large amounts of raw data with Pivot Tables and Charts and increase their Excel knowledge with efficiency techniques, advanced formulas and collaborating techniques.
This is a hands-on, in-person, instructor-led class.
Examples of people who will benefit greatly from this class:
- Those working with databases
- Those who have been working with Excel and would like to cut out hours of work from their weekly tasks.
- Those looking to quickly analyze large amounts of data
- Detailed reference sheet of everything covered
- Multiple XLS and XLT examples for in class and after class
- Shortcut sheet
- Resource sheet
Lesson 1- Quick review
- Formula fundamentals
- Database fundamentals
- Creating reusable drop down lists
- Naming ranges
- Extracting database information quickly
- Match formula- returning the position of a cell
- Index Formula- returning values at the intersection of a row and column.
- Combining the VLookup and Match formulas to create a modifiable database lookup.
- Combining and nesting the Index and Match
- Commenting cells
- Protecting documents
- Saving workspace and multiple worksheets
- Saving documents as templates
- Sending spreadsheets for review
- Copying and pasting only unique records from a database list
- If statement
- Using the If statement to sum and analyze
- Sum If
- Tracing Cell Precedents
- Today and Now functions to auto insert today's date and time upon opening a document
- Numbering databases that will be sorted with the ROWS() function
- Rounding numbers and currency up and down
- Goal Seek
- Analyzing raw data with Pivot Tables
- Raw data dumps from external applications or databases
- Grouping by categories, months, days, quarters, etc
- Pivot Charts
- Use the same data
- Recording and Playing Macros
- Recording a Macro to prepare data from a data dump for use in Pivot Table
- Where to find answers to more complex Excel problems for free
- No charge for substituting students at any time.
- No charge to reschedule or cancel before 5 business days of class.
- There is a $25 rescheduling, cancellation or retake rescheduling fee within 3-5 business days from the start of class.
- No refund or rescheduling permitted within 2 business days of start of class. No refund given for cancellations or "no-shows" within 2 business days from the start of class.
- If a retake is cancelled within 2 business days from the start of class, another retake may not be scheduled.
Teacher: Anthony J.See Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Anthony is Microsoft Office certified and has been a computer trainer since 1985. His Microsoft Office Specialist Master Certification assures an expert level in all of the Microsoft Office products. He has taught employees from the private and public sectors and students at the college level. His list of clients has included NBC, JP Morgan Chase, Martha Stewart Omnimedia Living, HUD, Income Tax department (Albany), Queensborough Community College and many others. In his limited spare time he reads on business, religion and personal development. His curriculum repertoire includes MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project and the Internet.
Start Dates (4)
Sat, Dec 14 10:00am - 5:00pm
Union Square, Manhattan
One Union Square West
At E 14th St
New York, NY 10003
Can't make these dates?. Save the class to your wish list and find out when new dates are added.
School: NYIM Training
What ever your needs, group or corporate, NYIM provides you with the most practical and efficient hands-on computer training in New York City since 1998. Conveniently located on Union Square, our staff are experienced professionals with 10+ years of training experience in their field. Each of our i...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at NYIM Training
5 out of 5
Ready to take this class?
Or call 212-729-4088