We can send you an email that contains instructions on how to reset your password.
Our way to encourage you to never stop learning!
Advanced Excel 2007-2010NYIM Training »
5 seats left
Wed, Nov 05 9:00am - 4:00pm
Other start dates (3)
One Union Square West Suite 805
(At E 14th St)
New York, New York 10003 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 1990 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Advanced
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 10
What you'll learn in this excel class:
The Advanced Excel for Business group class concentrates on the most common topics that we see in NYC businesses using on a daily basis. By the end of the Excel training course, you will feel confident in extracting data from large databases based on dynamic criteria, pull in data using Vlookups, save time by recording and replaying straight forward macros, quickly organize and analyze large amounts of raw data with Pivot Tables and Charts, and become much faster by using efficiency techniques, advanced formulas and collaborating tools. This Excel course is perfect for those who want to continue their Excel knowledge, have been using Excel without any training or need to gain a solid grasp of how to use it effectively.
- Custom Printed Manual
- Multiple XLS and XLT examples for in class and after class
- Shortcut sheets
- After class resources
Lesson 1- Quick review
- Formula fundamentals
- Database fundamentals
- Creating reusable drop down lists
- Naming ranges
- Extracting database information quickly
- Match formula- returning the position of a cell
- Index Formula- returning values at the intersection of a row and column.
- Combining the VLookup and Match formulas to create a modifiable database lookup.
- Combining and nesting the Index and Match
- Commenting cells
- Protecting documents
- Saving workspace and multiple worksheets
- Saving documents as templates
- Sending spreadsheets for review
- Copying and pasting only unique records from a database list
- If statement
- Using the If statement to sum and analyze
- Sum If
- Tracing Cell Precedents
- Today and Now functions to auto insert today's date and time upon opening a document
- Numbering databases that will be sorted with the ROWS() function
- Rounding numbers and currency up and down
- Goal Seek
- Analyzing raw data with Pivot Tables
- Raw data dumps from external applications or databases
- Grouping by categories, months, days, quarters, etc
- Pivot Charts
- Use the same data
- Recording and Playing Macros
- Recording a Macro to prepare data from a data dump for use in Pivot Table
- Where to find answers to more complex Excel problems for free
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from NYIM Training? Request info about private training
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- No charge for substituting students at any time.
- No charge to reschedule or cancel before 5 business days of class.
- There is a $25 rescheduling, cancellation or retake rescheduling fee within 3-5 business days from the start of class.
- No refund or rescheduling permitted within 2 business days of start of class. No refund given for cancellations or "no-shows" within 2 business days from the start of class.
- If a retake is cancelled within 2 business days from the start of class, another retake may not be scheduled.
Teacher: Saba H.
Saba Hocek has been teaching computer applications and programming for over 15 years. Using the knowledge obtained from her Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and Field Engineering certificate, she designed and marketed the world's first pc-based reading system for blind people. Her patience and love for teaching was exercised in teaching blind individuals to not just use computers but to repair computers as well. In addition to her teaching, she consults for both the non-profit and corporate sector designing complex sophisticated databases in FileMaker and MS Access.
Start Dates (3)
Wed, Nov 05 9:00am - 4:00pm
Union Square, Manhattan
One Union Square West
At E 14th St
New York, New York 10003
School: NYIM Training
What ever your needs, group or corporate, NYIM provides you with the most practical and efficient hands-on computer training in New York City since 1998. Conveniently located on Union Square, our staff are experienced professionals with 10+ years of training experience in their field. Each of our instructors...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Ready to take this class?
Or call 212-729-4088
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.