Chinese (Mandarin) Beginner 3Cactus Language Courses »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
330 5th Ave
New York, NY 10001 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 2390 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Advanced
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 12
What you'll learn in this chinese mandarin class:The course continues to advance the student's grammar, reading and writing to an advanced level. Students will learn to talk about themselves and others, using dialogue to learn and explore multiple tenses and vocabulary.
This course is for students who fit this description: "I can produce simple sentences and can formulate and respond to simple questions. I have a basic knowledge of grammatical structures, including different tenses and word order, and have enough vocabulary to 'survive' in predictable situations."
Topics & Vocabulary
- Review & practice previous vocab ulary (e.g. through dialogue creation)
- Ask someone for help (talk to customer service)
- Learn how to book a room in a hotel and other related hotel language
- Learn to describe physical indisposition and illness; how to talk to a doctor
- Conversation in a post office
- Pay compliments, praise somebody else
- Make an apology in different situations (being late, forget things, unable to finish a task, …)
- Express gratitude formally and informally in different situations
- Pay a compliment, ask for compensation.
- Arrange an appointment formally and informally.
- Review & practice previous grammar (e.g. through mixed tense work – present/past/future)
- Difference between 或者 and 还是
- Difference between two negative words: 不 and 没有
- Complement of degree construction : Sentence structure V+de+hen+adj ( 做得很好， 说得很不错 )
- 好 吗 and 好不好 / 行 吗 and 行不行
- Sentence structure with 怎 么
- Compliments in Chinese culture
- Medical system in ChinaTable manners
- Customs of celebration, e.g. special food for Chinese New Year
- Famous Chinese Kong Fu movies
- Pronunciation – key sounds practice
- Lots of speaking and listening practice
- Memorize longer frequently used daily life Chinese sentences.
- Longer oral presentation
- Recognizing characters and writing common characters practice
- Self-learning skills (using dictionary and online websites)
Cancellation Policy More than 7 days before course start date: Cactus can offer you a full refund of your course up to one week before the advertised start date.
Less than 7 days before course start date: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge OR we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the first lesson: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge OR we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the second lesson: We can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $100 administration fee. After the 3rd lesson: You will not be entitled to any refund and you will NOT be able to transfer your booking to the next course.
Teacher: Native TeacherSee Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Teachers are qualified and experienced language trainers, and are all native or bilingual speakers. They have been interviewed by a full time academic team, and have undergone extensive reference reviews. Classes are assigned according to the strengths of the teachers to ensure the quality of course delivery is excellent at all times. Additionally, a comprehensive Teacher Development Program incorporates a range of seminars, classroom observations, same-language teacher forums, regular newsletters, and information on methodology and hands-on teaching techniques. The teaching philosophy is based on looking at ideas, asking questions, and meeting challenges. Methodology: Trainers adopt a 'learner centered' approach to modern language teaching, which enables them to meet the individual's needs. Courses cover practice in all 4 skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing; however, the focus of the course is on speaking and listening - the main requirements of today's modern language learner. Teachers will use the target language, activities will be communicative, and course content will be relevant.
Start Dates (0)
Can't make these dates?. Save the class to your wish list and find out when new dates are added.
School: Cactus Language Courses
Cactus is one of the world’s leading language training companies. Founded in 1998, our expert team delivers quality language training to individuals and businesses. And we are specialists in teacher-led face-to-face training.
We help over 15,000 people every year learn more than 30 la...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at Cactus Language Courses
1 out of 1