Our way to encourage you to never stop learning!
We give you back 5% of every dollar spent on classes, in the form of rewards points.
Your points automatically apply as a discount
on your next purchase, so you start saving immediately.
Questions? Contact us!
Effective Business Writing CourseImproving Communications »
19 seats left
Tue, Feb 10 9:00am - 5:00pm
Next start dates (3)
369 Lexington Ave 2nd Fl
(Btwn E 40th & E 41st Streets)
New York, New York 10016 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 4850 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: All levels
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 20
What you'll learn in this business writing class:
In this class, you will master skills that are necessary in today’s competitive business environment. You will learn to write and speak in a way that elevates you with increased confidence and enthusiasm.
Be a better and more confident writer.
Who Should Attend—All levels of professionals who want to maximize their efficiency, develop leadership skills, and increase their value.
You will be able to:
- Gain greater awareness of your audience and how to communicate ideas more effectively;
- Organize your writing, following guidelines for correct sentence structure, writing style, organization, and agreement;
- Know and apply the rules of punctuation, spelling, and mechanics; and
- Edit your own writing with confidence.
Refund & Cancellation PolicyCancellation/Refund Policies:
- No refunds will be issued.
- If you reschedule 28 or more days prior to class start, there will be no charge.
- If you reschedule 8-27 days prior to class start, there will be a 20 percent of class price rescheduling charge.
- If you reschedule 7 days or fewer prior to class start, there will be a 50 percent of class price rescheduling charge.
- If you do not attend a public class in which you enrolled and for which you have paid, and have not contacted Improving Communications in writing to provide notification and reschedule, all fees will be forfeited.
- If you notified Improving Communications of your need to reschedule your attendance in a public class in accordance with the terms herein, unused, paid enrollment credit(s) for a that class may be used for up to one year past the date of the originally-scheduled class.
Teacher: Richard J. Atkins
Dr. Richard J. Atkins is the Managing Director of Improving Communications, a New York-based corporate training firm that offers Business Writing, Public Speaking, Customer Service, Leadership & Management, and Sales training.
Rich is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) (http://www.shrm.org/). He currently serves as the Chair of the Orientation Committee and the Co-Chair of the Career Planning & Professional Development Special Interest Group for the Human Resources Association of New York (HR/NY) (http://www.hrny.org/). Rich is American Management Association (AMA) (http://www.amanet.org/)-certified faculty and is also a Vistage (http://www.vistage.com/)-certified speaker.
Dr. Atkins also presents frequently throughout the nation on the concept of MEDIA TERRORISM (http://www.mediaterrorism.net/)™. As a subject matter expert, he has made television appearances, and has been quoted in numerous newspaper and magazine articles. His doctoral dissertation on canine learning styles (http://www.worldcat.org/title/relationships-between-contemporary-animal-learning-theory-and-specialists-individaual-canine-training-experiences/oclc/63273353&referer=brief_results) was the subject of an article titled “One Size Does Not Fit All” in the March 2006 issue of Dog Fancy Magazine.
Dr. Atkins’s other interests include: motorcycling (120K+ miles), cigars, cheese, theater, genealogical research (12 generations of family tree so far…), and music (electric bass guitar and the Chapman Stick Touchboard) (http://www.stick.com/). His travel destinations have included most of the United States, Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Scotland, France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Greece, and Turkey.
Rich has had many travelogue articles published in BMW Owners News. He has interviewed and written about numerous celebrity personalities including Jay Leno (http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/), Billy Joel (http://www.billyjoel.com/), Neil Peart (http://www.neilpeart.net/), Matt Scannell (http://verticalhorizon.com/), Jacob Slichter (http://semisonic.com/), Arnold McCuller (http://www.arnoldmcculler.com/), Kasim Sulton (http://www.kasimsulton.com/), Leland Sklar (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leland-Sklar/108327479191909), Tony Levin (http://www.tonylevin.com/), Jordan Rudess (http://www.jordanrudess.com/), Pat Mastelotto (http://patmastelotto.com/), Carl Palmer (http://www.carlpalmer.com/), and Steve Morse (http://www.stevemorse.com/).
Rich Atkins lives in New York with his wife Patricia, children Ciara and Robert, and their dog, Roxy. The Atkins Family’s first dog, Casey (http://www.improvingcommunications.com/caseynyc.htm) was one of the pets used to provide comfort and solace to survivors at the Family Center for victims of the World Trade Center attack.
Start Dates (4)
Richard J. Atkins
Tue, Feb 10 9:00am - 5:00pm
Murray Hill, Manhattan
369 Lexington Ave
Btwn E 40th & E 41st Streets
New York, New York 10016
School: Improving Communications
Do communication problems waste your time and money?
Improving Communications provides written and spoken Communication Skills trainings. Working with individuals and businesses, this New York-based corporate training firm offers Business Writing, Public Speaking, Customer Service, Leadership,...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at Improving Communications(3 Reviews)
Ready to take this class?
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.