The Handmade Book: An IntroductionBKC Brooklyn Central »
This class has ended. Save to Wish List to find out when new dates are added.
33 Washington St
(Btwn Plymouth & Water Streets)
New York, NY 11201 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 790 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 13 and older
- Average Class Size: 10
What you'll learn in this bookbinding class:Students will learn the basics of hand-made book production and practice several simple binding techniques that can be done at home.
This 3-hour workshop will provide an introductory glimpse into the art of making books.
Methods demonstrated will include pamphlet stitch, japanese side-stitch, and perfect binding. Limited supplies for the class are provided by BkC, but feel free to bring any additional 2-D materials you'd like to incorporate into your work.
If you'd like to produce your own artist books, sketchbooks, zines, or if you just want to make unique, handmade gifts, this class is for you!
Limited supplies for the class are provided by BkC, but feel free to bring any additional 2-D materials you'd like to incorporate into your work.
Cost of the class includes a $10 materials fee.
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from BKC Brooklyn Central? Request info about private training
- Gift certificates are non-refundable
- Credits, promotional discounts, or any special arrangements will be one time per individual. Course Cancellation by BKC.
- If less than 4 people are enrolled in a course we will cancel that class and offer students a full refund of the amount paid or a credit towards a new course within a month of the canceled course start date.
- BKC reserves the right to change instructors if needed without prior notice.
- If a class is cancelled because of weather conditions or illness of an instructor, BKC will schedule a make up session.
Teacher: Caitlin WheelerSee Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Caitlin Wheeler is a visual artist and educator from Baltimore, MD. She received a BFA in Printmaking from University of Delaware in 2007. Her practice involves papermaking, book binding, and an array of print processes from silkscreen to letterpress. For the past year, she has been the resident printmaker and bookbinder for Art House Co-Op in Brooklyn. Her work has been widely exhibited with organizations including the International Print Center in New York, Bluebottle Gallery, PULP Gallery, and Women's Studio Workshop.
Start Dates (0)
School: BKC Brooklyn Central
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.