Field Guide I: The CameraBKC Brooklyn Central »
6 seats left
Sun, Mar 23: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Other start dates (3)
33 Washington St
New York, NY 11201 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 1200 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 13 and older
- Average Class Size: 10
What you'll learn in this beginner photography class:Learn all your basic camera operations and get started the right way with a condensed package of essential information. This one-day (6-hour) workshop will cover all the functions and core concepts you need to know, as well as tips on how to get the kind of shot you want.
Bring your DSLR. We're familiar with all brands and we'll be able to answer your burning questions. We'll be covering the basics of exposure, f-stops, shutter speeds, ISO, and dealing with different kinds of light, as in the real world.
No prior knowledge of cameras or photography is needed.
The true value of this workshop is in the applied learning. We want you to get out and put your new knowledge to practice through a structure that emphasizes learning by doing. Live assignments and follow-up feedback keeps the lessons in context and relevant to real-world conditions.
If you're in the market to buy a new camera, these workshops are a good opportunity to put it through its paces. Many rental houses in the city (likeAdorama, K&M and Fotocare) offer competitive rates on DSLR rentals, and generally have reduced rates on weekends.
Not everyone's a techie. We'll break it down for you. Get a whole lot done in a single day.
Note: Bring your camera and we will provide you with a syllabus and field guide notebook.
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from BKC Brooklyn Central? Request info about private training
- Gift certificates are non-refundable
- Credits, promotional discounts, or any special arrangements will be one time per individual. Course Cancellation by BKC.
- If less than 4 people are enrolled in a course we will cancel that class and offer students a full refund of the amount paid or a credit towards a new course within a month of the canceled course start date.
- BKC reserves the right to change instructors if needed without prior notice.
- If a class is cancelled because of weather conditions or illness of an instructor, BKC will schedule a make up session.
Start Dates (3)
Sun, Mar 23 11:00am - 5:00pm
33 Washington St
Btwn Plymouth & Water Streets
New York, NY 11201
School: BKC Brooklyn Central
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Ready to take this class?
Or call 212-729-4088
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.