Japanese Beginner 1Cactus Language Courses »
6 seats left
|Start date:||Thu, Jan 30: 7:00pm - 9:00pm (10 sessions)|
226 W 26th St
New York, NY 10001 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 3490 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 12
What you'll learn in this basic japanese class:The course covers grammar, reading and writing practice as well as an insight into the culture of the region. Students will learn the basics of the language and be able to build up enough knowledge to read and write to a beginner plus level.
This course is for students who fit this description: "I have no knowledge or understanding of the language, or just a very basic knowledge, perhaps no more than a few key words and expressions. I have no real idea about the grammar, and I have a very limited vocabulary."
Topics & Vocabulary
- Introduce yourself with greetings in Japanese
- Exchanging business card in Japanese
- Asking about of services in stores
- Describing about the whereabouts of things and people
- Time and numbers – telling and asking the time, counting cardinal numbers
- Everyday objects
- Places – shops, important buildings
- Daily life – routines, free time
- Existence of People and Things
- Ordinal numbers
- Basic Japanese grammar rules – particles : か (ka), は (wa), の (no), と (to), を (o), に (ni), も (mo), が (ga), や (ya) .
- Present, Past, Future
- Pronouns – subject, object, possessive
- Singular vs. Plural
- Word order – sentence, question, negative
- Question formation
- Modal verbs
- Three writing systems in Japanese (Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji)
- How to bow
- Japanese currency
- Shops in Japan
- Excursions to Japanese spas ( 温泉 onsen)
- Lots of speaking-inc. situational exercises & interaction
- Basic pronunciation rules
- Listening activities
- Numbers and Counters rules
- Writing practice (Hiragana)
Cancellation Policy More than 7 days before course start date: Cactus can offer you a full refund of your course up to one week before the advertised start date.
Less than 7 days before course start date: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge OR we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the first lesson: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge OR we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the second lesson: We can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $100 administration fee. After the 3rd lesson: You will not be entitled to any refund and you will NOT be able to transfer your booking to the next course.
Teacher: Native TeacherSee Classes Taught by This Teacher »
Teachers are qualified and experienced language trainers, and are all native or bilingual speakers. They have been interviewed by a full time academic team, and have undergone extensive reference reviews. Classes are assigned according to the strengths of the teachers to ensure the quality of course delivery is excellent at all times. Additionally, a comprehensive Teacher Development Program incorporates a range of seminars, classroom observations, same-language teacher forums, regular newsletters, and information on methodology and hands-on teaching techniques. The teaching philosophy is based on looking at ideas, asking questions, and meeting challenges. Methodology: Trainers adopt a 'learner centered' approach to modern language teaching, which enables them to meet the individual's needs. Courses cover practice in all 4 skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing; however, the focus of the course is on speaking and listening - the main requirements of today's modern language learner. Teachers will use the target language, activities will be communicative, and course content will be relevant.
Start Dates (1)
|Start Date||# of Sessions||Price|
Thu, Jan 30 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thu, Feb 06 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thu, Feb 13 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thu, Feb 20 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thu, Feb 27 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thu, Mar 06 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thu, Mar 13 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thu, Mar 20 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thu, Mar 27 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Thu, Apr 03 7:00pm - 9:00pm
226 W 26th St
Btwn 7th & 8th Avenues
New York, NY 10001
Can't make these dates?. Save the class to your wish list and find out when new dates are added.
School: Cactus Language Courses
Cactus is one of the world’s leading language training companies. Founded in 1998, our expert team delivers quality language training to individuals and businesses. And we are specialists in teacher-led face-to-face training.
We help over 15,000 people every year learn more than 30 la...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at Cactus Language Courses
1 out of 1
Ready to take this class?
Or call 212-729-4088