Our way to encourage you to never stop learning!
We give you back 5% of every dollar spent on classes, in the form of rewards points.
Your points automatically apply as a discount
on your next purchase, so you start saving immediately.
Questions? Contact us!
Danish Beginner 1Cactus Language Courses »
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
330 5th Ave
(Btwn W 33rd & W 32nd Streets)
New York, New York 10001 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 3290 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 16 and older
- Average Class Size: 12
What you'll learn in this basic danish class:
The course covers grammar, reading and writing practice as well as an insight into the culture of the region. Students will learn the basics of the language and be able to build up enough knowledge to read and write to a beginner plus level.
This course is for students who fit this description: "I have no knowledge or understanding of the language, or just a very basic knowledge, perhaps no more than a few key words and expressions. I have no real idea about the grammar, and I have a very limited vocabulary."
Themes/Lexical fields can include the following elements:
- Introduce yourself with greetings in Danish.
- Likes & dislikes
- Eating & drinking – ordering something in a restaurant
- Time and numbers – telling and asking the time, counting cardinal numbers
- Everyday objects
- Places – shops, important buildings
- Daily life – routines, free time
- The weather
- Basic Danish grammar rules
- Pronouns – subject, object, possessive
- Singular vs. Plural
- Word order – sentence, question, negative
- Question forming
- Giving instructions – using the imperative
- Modal verbs
- Key prepositions
- Key functions – invitation, offer, suggestion, requests
- Key verbs
- Key adjectives/adverbs – size, shape, age, speed
- Alphabet– phonetic symbols system
- Character writing system
- Expressions - (please , thank you , sorry and goodbye)
- Simple Directions
- Key linking words (and, but, so, because, or)
- Measurement (classifier)
- Polite form
- Idiomatic expressions
- Extensive practice of tones
- Extensive speaking/active practice
- Extensive listening
- Pronunciation – key sounds
- Write all basic Danish words ( 200 word vocabulary)
- Read Danish words (200 word vocabulary)
Refund & Cancellation PolicyMore than 7 days before course start date: Cactus can offer you a full refund of your course up to one week before the advertised start date.
Less than 7 days before course start date: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge or we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the first lesson: You can transfer your booking to the next course at no extra charge or we can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $50 administration fee.
After the second lesson: We can issue you a refund of the course fee minus a $100 administration fee.
After the 3rd lesson: You will not be entitled to any refund and you will not be able to transfer your booking to the next course.
Teacher: Native Teacher
Teachers are qualified and experienced language trainers, and are all native or bilingual speakers. They have been interviewed by a full time academic team, and have undergone extensive reference reviews. Classes are assigned according to the strengths of the teachers to ensure the quality of course delivery is excellent at all times. Additionally, a comprehensive Teacher Development Program incorporates a range of seminars, classroom observations, same-language teacher forums, regular newsletters, and information on methodology and hands-on teaching techniques. The teaching philosophy is based on looking at ideas, asking questions, and meeting challenges. Methodology: Trainers adopt a 'learner centered' approach to modern language teaching, which enables them to meet the individual's needs. Courses cover practice in all 4 skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing; however, the focus of the course is on speaking and listening - the main requirements of today's modern language learner. Teachers will use the target language, activities will be communicative, and course content will be relevant.
Start Dates (0)
School: Cactus Language Courses
Cactus is one of the world’s leading language training companies. Founded in 1998, our expert team delivers quality language training to individuals and businesses. And we are specialists in teacher-led face-to-face training.
We help over 15,000 people every year learn more than 30 languages,...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at Cactus Language Courses(1 Review)
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.