Access 2007 - Level 1New Horizons Computer Learning »
4 seats left
|Start date:||Thu, May 08: 9:00am - 4:30pm (2 sessions)|
290 Madison Ave 3rd floor
New York, NY 10017 (Map)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 5900 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Beginner
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 6
What you'll learn in this access training:In the course, students create and modify new databases and their various objects. They learn how to maintain data consistency and integrity; improve queries, forms, and reports; and also integrate Access™ 2007 with other applications. (Second Edition)
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for students who wish to learn the operations of the Microsoft Access Database program to perform their day-to-day responsibilities, and to understand the advantages that using a relational database program can bring to their business processes. The first part of the course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include designing and creating new databases, tables, and relationships; creating and maintaining records; locating records; and producing reports based on the information in the database. The second part of the course is for individuals whose job responsibilities include maintaining data integrity; handling complex queries, forms, and reports; and sharing data between Access and other applications. It also provides the fundamental knowledge and techniques needed to advance to more complex Access responsibilities such as maintaining databases and using programming techniques that enhance Access applications.
Prerequisite(s) or equivalent knowledge
- Windows XP (New Version) - Level 1
Lesson 1: Exploring the Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 Environment
- Examine Database Concepts
- Explore the User Interface
- Explore the Ribbon
- Customize the Access Environment
- Obtain Help
- Use an Existing Access Database
- Describe the Relational Database Design Process
- Define Database Purpose
- Review Existing Data
- Determine Fields
- Group Fields into Tables
- Normalize Data
- Designate Primary and Foreign Keys
- Determine Table Relationships
- Create a New Database
- Create a Table
- Manage Tables
- Create a Table Relationship
- Save a Database as a Previous Version
- Modify Table Data
- Sort Records
- Work with Subdatasheets
- Filter Records
- Create a Query
- Add Criteria to a Query
- Add a Calculated Field to a Query
- Perform Calculations on a Record Grouping
- View Data Using an Access Form
- Create a Form
- Modify the Design of a Form
- View an Access Report
- Create a Report
- Add a Custom Calculated Field to a Report
- Format the Controls in a Report
- Apply an AutoFormat to a Report
- Prepare a Report for Print
- Restrict Data Entry Using Field Properties
- Establish a Pattern for Entering Field Values
- Create a List of Values for a Field
- Create Query Joins
- Join Unrelated Tables
- Relate Data Within a Table
- Set Select Query Properties
- Create Parameter Queries
- Create Action Queries
- Design a Form Layout
- Enhance the Appearance of a Form
- Restrict Data Entry in Forms
- Add a Command Button to a Form
- Create a Subform
- Organize Report Information
- Format the Report
- Set Report Control Properties
- Control Report Pagination
- Summarize Report Information
- Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
- Create a Mailing Label Report
- Import Data into Access
- Export Data
- Analyze Access Data in Excel
- Export Data to a Text File
- Merge Access Data with a Word Document
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from New Horizons Computer Learning ? Request info about private training
Cancellation PolicyCancellation & Refund Policies:
Please notify New Horizons six (6) or more business days in advance of your scheduled class if you need to cancel your reservation for applications classes, and eleven (11) days or more business days for technical classes.
Cancellations may be made by calling or e-mailing your Account Executive. You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel according to the terms above for applications and technical classes.
If you are a club member, you may be assessed a late fee of $50.00 for an applications class, and $200 for a technical class if you cancel late or do not show up for class.
If you are a coupon holder, you will be assessed one coupon for each class that you do not show up for.
Start Dates (1)
|Start Date||# of Sessions||Price|
Thu, May 08 9:00am - 4:30pm
Fri, May 09 9:00am - 4:30pm
Murray Hill, Manhattan
290 Madison Ave
Btwn E 40th & 41st Streets
New York, NY 10017
School: New Horizons Computer Learning
As part of the largest independent IT Training Provider, New Horizons Computer Learning Center delivers more courses than any other IT training company.
Innovative and Flexible Learning Methods
New Horizons New York City understands that not everyone is the same, and we have de...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at New Horizons Computer Learning
2 out of 3
Ready to take this class?
Or call 212-729-4088
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.